Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

tell me what you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tell me what you think

ok im actualy stock with only a intake off a CRX and a catback exaust on my F22A1... but i plan on building it up after i join the NAVY.. so tell me what ya think and what you would change or add...

H23 IM, TB & Head
    port & polish head
    max bore the TB
    reground CAMSHAFTs
    better valves & springs
    H23 ramhorn turbo manifold
    turbo... idk the size
    wast gate
    large air to air intercooler followed by a water to air intercooler
    fluttering BOV
    DIY high flow fuel rail
    injectors not shure on CC
    boost controler
    turbo timer
    performance fuel pump
    94 accord ECU reprogramed by SPOON.... ALREADY HAVE not just a chip off EBAY
    stage 3 clutch w/ lightwaight flywheel, 11lbs
    50 shot of NOS

think i should go with the full h23 head or keep the head i got but still use the H23 IM & TB??
    white 92 ACCORD 4 door ----- dead and gone
    tytianum grey 02 ECLIPSE GT- alive and well

any one... coments and/or sugestions
    white 92 ACCORD 4 door ----- dead and gone
    tytianum grey 02 ECLIPSE GT- alive and well

Comment

how is ur reprogrammed SPOON ecu from a 94 accord going to accomodate a TURBO (which you dont know the specs of) for your F22??? how will you be able to tune it???

i hope your project goes well. there is a LOT more involved than just a generic parts list......start reading.

best of luck
      F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
      Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

You REALLY need to learn what all those parts do.

H23 IM, TB & Head - is this your daily driver? headswaps are risky when you KNOW what you're doing.

port & polish head - Ok, not a bad idea.
        max bore the TB - Ok.
        reground CAMSHAFTs - Why? Regrinds aren't the best idea... and for turbo, why?
        better valves & springs - Ok. Get a valve job when you do the P&P.
        H23 ramhorn turbo manifold - Ok.
        turbo... idk the size - You need to learn about this. This is important!
        wast gate - Get a GOOD one.
        large air to air intercooler followed by a water to air intercooler - Overkill. You know that the air to water intercooler requires a front mounted unit as well, right? Pick one and go with it. Air to Air is easiest and best for a DD.

fluttering BOV - what's that?

DIY high flow fuel rail - DIY? Bad idea. You don't really NEED a high flow fuel rail, but if you get one, spend the $100 on a name brand.

injectors not shure on CC - Again VERY important. 450cc is where people usually start.

boost controler - Get a good one.

turbo timer - Ok. Do you know what it does?
        performance fuel pump - Walbro

94 accord ECU reprogramed by SPOON.... ALREADY HAVE not just a chip off EBAY - WASTE of money. Sad to see that the absolutely worst thing you could have for this setup is the thing that you already have in your possession. I assure you, Spoon had nothing to do with reprogramming that ECU. And if they did, or if anyone did, then it's reprogrammed for the F22B1 or F22B2... It won't run a stock engine correctly, and it won't even come close to running a turbo engine correctly. Use this if you LIKE the sound of engines blowing up.

stage 3 clutch w/ lightwaight flywheel, 11lbs - What brands? Not all "stage 3" setups are alike.

50 shot of NOS - NOS? Really? Not Zex or NX? A 50 shot isn't a bad choice. With turbo, tuned properly, this will be a good thing. I'm glad to see you didn't say 100! Still, tune the ECU to accomodate for the nitrous. Even the free tuning programs like Uberdata and Crome have nitrous features.

Comment

whonda 1990 accordex:this was very imformative. I am new to the site and just read I know a little about cars and I just read the thread for ideas and this is one that really gave me the proper names and reasons to consider different options. Thank you for the info

Comment

The best thing to do is learn. A well designed, well tuned, quality turbo setup can work very well, and last a long time. If you skimp on anything, cut any corners, you're going to destroy your motor.

The turbo section of this site is very good, especially anything written by MRX, Accord R33, lodollarcb7, straightedge, Kamaccord, Accord SiR, and Chessboxer. (as well as quite a few other smart people... that's just a few of the knowledgeable ones)

Comment

Wow! Wish I knew my stuff like you do. I enjoy reading posts like this. Gets me a step closer to understanding how exactly all these things work together.

Originally posted by deevergote
              You REALLY need to learn what all those parts do.

H23 IM, TB & Head - is this your daily driver? headswaps are risky when you KNOW what you're doing.

port & polish head - Ok, not a bad idea.
              max bore the TB - Ok.
              reground CAMSHAFTs - Why? Regrinds aren't the best idea... and for turbo, why?
              better valves & springs - Ok. Get a valve job when you do the P&P.
              H23 ramhorn turbo manifold - Ok.
              turbo... idk the size - You need to learn about this. This is important!
              wast gate - Get a GOOD one.
              large air to air intercooler followed by a water to air intercooler - Overkill. You know that the air to water intercooler requires a front mounted unit as well, right? Pick one and go with it. Air to Air is easiest and best for a DD.

fluttering BOV - what's that?

DIY high flow fuel rail - DIY? Bad idea. You don't really NEED a high flow fuel rail, but if you get one, spend the $100 on a name brand.

injectors not shure on CC - Again VERY important. 450cc is where people usually start.

boost controler - Get a good one.

turbo timer - Ok. Do you know what it does?
              performance fuel pump - Walbro

94 accord ECU reprogramed by SPOON.... ALREADY HAVE not just a chip off EBAY - WASTE of money. Sad to see that the absolutely worst thing you could have for this setup is the thing that you already have in your possession. I assure you, Spoon had nothing to do with reprogramming that ECU. And if they did, or if anyone did, then it's reprogrammed for the F22B1 or F22B2... It won't run a stock engine correctly, and it won't even come close to running a turbo engine correctly. Use this if you LIKE the sound of engines blowing up.

stage 3 clutch w/ lightwaight flywheel, 11lbs - What brands? Not all "stage 3" setups are alike.

50 shot of NOS - NOS? Really? Not Zex or NX? A 50 shot isn't a bad choice. With turbo, tuned properly, this will be a good thing. I'm glad to see you didn't say 100! Still, tune the ECU to accomodate for the nitrous. Even the free tuning programs like Uberdata and Crome have nitrous features.

90 Accord LX Auto
              Engine-F22A1
              Mods- Intake, Full exhaust, Strut bar, lowering springs.

Future Plans- Paint

Comment

Working...
              X