Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

SuperCharger????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperCharger????????

I've been looking at some Superchargers online and I want to know which SC would be good to get for my ride?
    F22A1 = Now, NA : Soon, Turbo
    My Member's Thread
    Arcadia Green #14

yep, i have the same question too..
    why not go turbo?
    member ride thread

MN ACCORD MEET MAY 29th 2010

Comment

I thought about going turbo but I'd rather have power flowing through at all times then having the turbo spool up between a certain range of rpms
      My Member's Thread
      Arcadia Green #14

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRidgeRacer
        I thought about going turbo but I'd rather have power flowing through at all times then having the turbo spool up between a certain range of rpms
        Thats not really good reasoning. A turbo can make the car feel just as fast throughout the power band as a super charger...Thats not to mention how much easier it is.

but, if you have your mind made up, and you really want a supercharger, then you will need to make a 100% custom one. there are no direct fit chargers for the CB chassis

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

^^^ x2

No company currently makes one for our chassis.

If you do a motor swap thats a different story. It would still have to be custom tho...i remember reading that they made one for the 95 Prelude chassis...that could maybe be fitted but noones dont it thus far.

Be the first

Comment

the prelude chargers *supposedly* dont clear the accord firewall.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

As mentioned custom. You can get the immediate spool time with a smaller turbo like the 14b but it generates so much heat for a lil critter. At least you spool around 2500 or so.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

quick accord as one on clubaccordquebec.com

he swapped a H23a1 and made it supercharge with some modifications because some things are in the way to make it perfect fit.

just search for supercharger and you will find how he made it fit.

Comment

From the sounds of it, you are NOT ready to do the necesary work to make a supercharger fit. The Jackson Racing unit for the H series can be used with a swap, as mentioned above (with some custom work), and a Procharger can also be used, but again, some fabrication will be necessary. Also, any supercharger you attempt to put on the F22 will require proper tuning. There aren't any supercharged F22 maps floating around, I'm sure!

I wanted to supercharge my H22. I still think it'd be cool. However, after driving my GTP, I can say that the "instant power" isn't really what it may seem. Especailly for a FWD car, putting too much power to the ground immediately is a BAD idea. I can break the wheels loose on my bone stock automatic GTP without even going full throttle or full boost! Turbo is better suited for FWD. The slightly later spool of a well designed turbo system will allow for proper traction at launch and low speeds, and a good transfer of power at higher speeds.

Comment

The only thing I dont know about turboing my ride is, is there enough clearance to put the turbo in between engine and the firwall?
                    My Member's Thread
                    Arcadia Green #14

Comment

Why would you put the turbo between the engine and firewall?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Why would you put the turbo between the engine and firewall?
                        he thinks he has a k series You need to take a peek in the FI section.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok, Look get like a T3 Garret .42 Hotside, make sure it has no play, and that will spool up more than quick enough for what you promise, then after spending maybe 150 ( go to Turbobricks.com and buy a T3 Garret stock Volvo turbo) then go to eather that same forum or a diff. one and buy a T4 Coldside, with compressor wheel and back plate (maybe 200) and you will have a huge turbo that spool UBER quick, that is what i did on my Volvo till a threw a rod at 23 PSI with no oil. But it will be going on my accord that is in my sig this summer.....I promise you will be at partial boost by 2K......its quick enough, plus you can hit higher PSI with a Turbo.....unless they came out with new superchargers....but you can crank like my T4 coldside T3 hotside AKA T3/T4 hybrid to like 25 PSI and not worry about losing PSI.

a Honda that eats mustang GT's for breakfast, wow

Comment

[QUOTE=deevergote, I can say that the "instant power" isn't really what it may seem. Especailly for a FWD car, putting too much power to the ground immediately is a BAD idea. I can break the wheels loose on my bone stock automatic GTP without even going full throttle or full boost! Turbo is better suited for FWD. The slightly later spool of a well designed turbo system will allow for proper traction at launch and low speeds, and a good transfer of power at higher speeds.[/QUOTE]

superchargers also take some of your hp to make hp because they run on a belt. turbos make power, superchargers take power. i was told that you can build 2 exact motors the same except one is turbo and the other is supercharged and the turbo engine will make alot more hp.
                            Last edited by T04ECB7; 06-01-2007, 10:06 AM.
                            OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

The turbo is easier to upgrade.. And you use less gas with turbo. The supercharger is always being belt driven. It all comes down to YOUR opinion. To me its also the application. If i owned another mustang i would supercharge over turbo. Just cuz 1. its cheaper to supercharge a mustang. 2. that wine of a supercharger just fits a mustang :-)

Elite Concepts

Comment

Working...
                              X