Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Another Oil Leak Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay, so i just called the shop and got a price quote on getting everything fix. apparently, when replacing the o-ring... i need to replace the distributor cap/ rotor which would cost me around $120 including labor. sounds about right? i figured i needed to replace the distributor cap/rotor cause that thing looks bad now.

Comment

okay, so i just finished replacing my o-ring only. talk about a quick fix. just take off your spark plug wires, remove the bolts to your distributor, pry off the o-ring. replace it with a new one and add black sealant adhesive around the ring, put the distributor cap back in making sure everything is aligned, put the bolts back in, plug your spark plug wires... and if you had a leak like me.... spray the spots that were leaked on with brake cleaner then you're good to go. seriously, within 30 mins it was all done. so hopefully, that's the only problem to my oil leak issue and don't have to replace my whole distributor. thanks everyone who helped with the inputs!

Comment

Originally posted by zero2sixtyr35
        okay, so i just finished replacing my o-ring only. talk about a quick fix. just take off your spark plug wires, remove the bolts to your distributor, pry off the o-ring. replace it with a new one and add black sealant adhesive around the ring, put the distributor cap back in making sure everything is aligned, put the bolts back in, plug your spark plug wires... and if you had a leak like me.... spray the spots that were leaked on with brake cleaner then you're good to go. seriously, within 30 mins it was all done. so hopefully, that's the only problem to my oil leak issue and don't have to replace my whole distributor. thanks everyone who helped with the inputs!

Now bring you butt to the meet.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
          A haynes manual will be a good source to follow.
          nothing beside experiance can beat a good haynes manual

Current Cars
          95 Civic Coupe - ass tons of mods but always broke.
          90 Accord EX auto - no mods.
          90 Accord EX 5 Speed - no mods
          76 Datsun 280z - soon to be rb goodness.
          90 Lexus LS400 - low and slow.
          85 Cressida - soon to be four doors of 2jz love.

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
            Now bring you butt to the meet.
            if there's any local meets in the east bay then i'm good to go. just fully detailed my car in and out... show room status if you know what i mean.

Comment

oil leak (different spot)

i have a question but it similar to an oil leak, just not in the same spot. okay whats been going on with my engine is that next to the headers or behind them (closest to the P.F.I. or firewall) theres what looks like a manifold. anyways i pressure washed my engine about 2 weeks ago and the white smoke stopped from where i guess oil was at and then it happend again yesterday. then i looked and theres a bit of a pool of oil sitting behind my engine. does anyone have any heads up as far as what to do to save from expensive automechanical prices or time?

Comment

Working...
              X