Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

auto tranny shifting hard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto tranny shifting hard.

okay well the swap is in, but at the beginning i didnt add enough atf. so i drove like tha for about 2 or 3 miles vtec'd it like 3 times. now i added more atf, and it shifts a little better but lately i've noticed that it shifts kind of hard and doesnt like to shift when i want it to, ie: i let off the gas but it stays in the gear for a couple seconds then shifts a little hard, jerks back. this happened with my f22a1 engine and tranny as well, could this be my tcm problem since i did not change my tcm to the h22a tcm? thanks! (tcm = transmission control module or tcu = transmission control unit ) oh okay and just for info the d4 light is not illuminated, maybe burnt out bulb? i dont know. thanks.

edit: the d4 doesnt illuminate within first 2 seconds of car start up. soo my guess is the bulb... or the tcm? or a connection in between the two, highly doubtful though... i was planning on getting the h22 tcm anyways...
    Last edited by 19accord92; 05-21-2007, 09:52 PM.

Yeah I have the same problem with My f22a1. I tried disconnecting the TPS and drive around, it shifts so smooth like an American auto trans. I have no idea what's going on. I think it has to do with the TCM.

Comment

Originally posted by 19accord92
      haha cuz american auto transmissions suck balls....just like the quality of their cars. dont get me wrong i love americans, but their cars suck.
      omit this thought.

Well maybe its the tcm open it up and check it out. Pull the codes for the ecu and tcu . blue data link conector under and behind the glov box. Place the shifter in d4 while you do this and you should get some sort of code. Old info maybe you didnt know .

Well also clean up the valves and VSS other than that . . . get a new tranny PSYCH!!!!!!! keep tryin

Comment

Older trans shift hard thats just how they are. There is nothing wrong with it. PEople saying its american junk dont know crap. Its just how honda transmissions are.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

service connectors when jumped didnt do anything for me. and by hard i mean jerking hard, and that's not normal for these older trannys. plus this should be a low mileage engine with low mileage tranny so... anyone have any other thoughts?

Comment

do you mean you didnt get a code? Or there is a problem with your connection. ,02

Comment

Then check your motor mounts. That causes jerking if they are broke. There are other options other than just blaming something on the trans immediately.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                Then check your motor mounts. That causes jerking if they are broke. There are other options other than just blaming something on the trans immediately.
                x1

Comment

my car has that prob but I think its the mount.
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

there is no code, the d4 light doesnt blink, maybe it's burnt out and the motor mounts are fine, i checked them before i put the swap in.

Comment

my car was shifting hard and idle'ing very bad when my VSS was "broke". i replaced it and its better, but it still shifts a bit hard from park-reverse. when the gear engages its a bit hard.

during driving, it shifts just fine, a bit harder then im used to, but then again, i've driven manual all my life. i can't expect much from a 18 year old transmission right? next thing ill do is flush the tranny and give it some much needed honda ATF from what I read with a bit of lubeguard. we'll see if that cleans things up.

i fortunately have no error codes coming when i tap the thing under the pass carpet... hmm.. so i dunno.

i think "hard" shifting is part of a 18 year old car.. =)
                      ----------------------------------------------------
                      Restoring a 1990 LX Coupe as my daily driver!
                      Completely stock
                      Yes, I race R/C Cars. (Team Stryker)
                      ----------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ok so when you first turn on the car the D4 light doesn't just blink on at least once before turning off? The TCU runs a diagnostic upon start up just like the ECU does, so if you don't see that light come on you need to investigate. If you're running a different engine/tranny set and are using your old TCU i'm not surprised that it's not shifting right. Different trannies = different shift points LX/DX are the same EX is different as is wagons. While the TCU's will all plug in and work, they won't work right, for instance someone had put a 90 in my 92 and the D4 light wouldn't stay lit while in drive and at around 60mph it would rapidly switch between D4 and over drive.

Also does the tranny shift hard when you put your foot in it? Or does it seems to act better when you're stomping on it?

Runt

Comment

yeah it doesnt blink at all. shift kind of hard but im changing the fluid today, i had generic fluid in it but now im putting in some genuine honda atf

Comment

honda atf should help a lil too!

let us know man.

PS- thats why u get 5spd lol
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                            X