Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my cb7 engine shakes when in gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my cb7 engine shakes when in gear

engine shakes real bad when in gear i lifht up and took my front tires to see if i could see the problem and when i moved my brake rotors it movrd my engine dont know what it could be i check my motormounts and they are good any other suggestion

Originally posted by cano
    engine shakes real bad when in gear i lifht up and took my front tires to see if i could see the problem and when i moved my brake rotors it movrd my engine dont know what it could be i check my motormounts and they are good any other suggestion

Hey man your going to have to be more specific then that....

When you moved your rotors your engine moved?

Is this a rough idle?

When is the last time you did a tune up?

Comment

sometimes my car idles low and the engine kinda shakes the car. thats at about 500rpm... if you're around 1000 then it should be about fine.
      My Car
      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
        sometimes my car idles low and the engine kinda shakes the car. thats at about 500rpm... if you're around 1000 then it should be about fine.
        yes when the rotors move thats when it shakes not is on neutral and yes it has a new tune up, the whole problem started when i swwitch the engine and intalled a new clutch, people tell me it migth be a bent axle or rotors the axle are ok no tear in the rubber booth my car is not drivable any suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by cano

Comment

if its not drivable then u have a broken axle.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Something is binding up. Look around the axle make sure its pushed all the way in same as the intermediate shaft. If thats fine it could be however you install the clutch did a crappy job and something came loose.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

why would it have to do with the cluth it shifh fine and runs it just shakes it may have to do with axles i took the front tires off and turn my rotors by hand while the car is in gaer and i could see the engine move every half of turn could it be a bent axle when i pushed the car to get my engine installed it dint have my right axle on but the driver was installed i felt the shake on the car maybe it has to do with that axle driver side dont know what to do any suggestion

Comment

Ok so when you drive the car does it feel like the car is going to shake in half? Also when you say you turned your rotor's and saw the engine move were you using your hand to move the rotors? I doubt it's a bent axle if you can drive the car without it wanting to jump off the road, also if you see the engine move while you're turning the rotors by hand I'm going to bet you that you need new motor mounts.

Runt

Comment

Originally posted by runt
                    Ok so when you drive the car does it feel like the car is going to shake in half? Also when you say you turned your rotor's and saw the engine move were you using your hand to move the rotors? I doubt it's a bent axle if you can drive the car without it wanting to jump off the road, also if you see the engine move while you're turning the rotors by hand I'm going to bet you that you need new motor mounts.

Runt
                    yes i turned myrotors by hand and my mounts are good check them to many times the car will drive only when i hit like 10mph it stars the shake and yes it feels like my tires are loose and my engine wants to come out of place

Comment

no more shakes is fix

the problem bent axle my car is running good now thanks to everybody that helped.

Comment

Working...
                      X