Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which Cv Joint Is Shot?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Cv Joint Is Shot?!?

When i turn RIGHT my cv joint makes tons of noise

Which one is shot?
    My Driver's or Passenger side CV Joint?!?!?!?
    ive been told it's me passenger side....but definitely want confirmation before buying and installing anything
    1991 Honda Accord EX (Canadian)

why dont you just take a look?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Just crawl under the car, and look at the boots... if its torn, its shot!

Comment

Where exactly do I look, what are boots?
        No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Just look at the axles, closer to the wheels... The torn boot will be very visible.

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
            Just look at the axles, closer to the wheels... The torn boot will be very visible.

X2 plus you will notice grease everywhere.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
            ----
            02 Pontiac Firebird W68
            92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

okaaaayyy its really looking like its not my cv joints making the noise after all...
              soooo im now thinking its transmission related
              could the tranny be causing the clicking/grinding noise when i turn right?

Comment

could be your sway bar bushings are worn thru, or your strut mounts are shot, or the boltso n the top of the strut aren't tight all the way. Sway bar end links could be loose or worn.

could be a number of things making that sound.

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

If it's a steady tick-tick-tick when you turn, it most likely IS the CV joint. However, since BOTH wheels turn at the same time, it's hard to say which one it is based on the direction of the turn. The boots don't have to be torn for them to go bad, but they usually are when this happens.

Have someone stand outside the car, and make a turn past them very slowly. Have them listen to you turn left and right, from each side of the car. They may be able to see which side it is.

I would replace both anyway. They aren't THAT expensive, and it's better safe than sorry. Axles aren't a difficult project, as long as you have a good breaker bar or access to power tools.

Comment

sounds like an cv shaft type deal..... shouldnt do anything else till you know for sure its not an axle....
                    part 1 part 2

Comment

Could be your sway bar end links. It's like not even 100 dollars when my shop did it.

Check near right near ur tire you'll tell because it should be pressed together with alot of bushings. I had missing bushings and everything.
                      No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

okay...i replaced my Driver's Side cv joint on saturday...no change in the sound.
                        To be more precise about the sound, it doesnt happen unless i have some speed going on.
                        for example: steering wheel locked to the right, and then turning in a slow circle will not produce the clicking sounds. BUT when i take a right hand turn with enough speed to feel some G's (i.e. taking a right through a green without stopping, but nothing stupid fast) the noise happens every time, as long as i hold the turn.
                        soooo i COULD replace my other cv joint...but the noise really doesnt sound like its coming from the passenger side at all.
                        Sooo.........?

Comment

Working...
                        X