Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

o2 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o2 sensor

i dont have an o2 sensor connected on my cb7 does that take away hp ?

It makes your car run like shit and gives you a solid CEL.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Without the o2 sensor your car won't know how much fuel to add and you'll either run too rich or too lean and the ride quality will suck and your gas mileage will suck. And like NAiL05 said you will have a CEL code as well.

In other words, fork out the money and get one.
      R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
      FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
      Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

i have like 3 used ones at my house 2 of them work cause they didnt throw a cell if you want ill sell all of them to you for 30 shipped since i forgot which one is the one that doesnt work

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
        "2SIIC"
        Authentic Jerseys for sale
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

thats good i would buy them but i have another problem my headers have the o2 sensor in the front but my electrical harness has the o2 wiring in the back of the engine like if the o2 sensor was next to the exhaust flexible tube underneth the car

Comment

Did you even buy the right one for your car? Looks like they sent you the wrong application. If you purchased an ebay header then you shoulda purchased the one with two holes. ONe on top part of header and one on downpipe. Just leave the one on top plugged and put in o2 on downpipe. Your other option is just to take it to an exhaust shop weld up an o2 bung. Or if its still new return it and get another one.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by kispirit17
              thats good i would buy them but i have another problem my headers have the o2 sensor in the front but my electrical harness has the o2 wiring in the back of the engine like if the o2 sensor was next to the exhaust flexible tube underneth the car

just let me know dude

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
              "2SIIC"
              Authentic Jerseys for sale
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

DX/LX (F22A1) have the O2 sensor in front. EX/SE (F22A6) have it on the bottom.

Your options are:
                Extend the wires
                Get a new header (you only have one)
                Plug the current bung and get a new one welded in the location you need it.

Without an o2 sensor, as said above, your car will run terribly... and damage may occur (especially if it runs lean... though rich is usually the case). It's an important sensor.

Comment

how can i extend the wires to reach the front o2 sensor ?

Comment

and damage may occur like to what and how

Comment

Working...
                    X