Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Air System!, Many Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Air System!, Many Questions

Ok so below is a pic of my engine. Today my air intake system just came in the mail and I just installed it. Test drived it blah blah and already I feel a difference im not sure if I installed it right??

But on this pic below, i said I wasnt sure because now I dont have any tubes leading from around the battery and grill area to my air filter. Now my air filter is just right there.

My Black "H"
    AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

It looks fine

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Hmm it does?.. But still, isnt the filter itself supposed to spin when im driving or does it just stay in the same spot?.. Sorry im just new to this stuff...
      My Black "H"
      AL Meet!?

Comment

supposed to stay in the same spot.

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90
          Hmm it does?.. But still, isnt the filter itself supposed to spin when im driving or does it just stay in the same spot?.. Sorry im just new to this stuff...
          The filter should not spin were did you get that idea?

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
            The filter should not spin were did you get that idea?
            ehehehe ^ ^ I see no spinning then, well thats all my questions.. Thanks to everyone for the feedback!
            My Black "H"
            AL Meet!?

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90
              Please tell me that you DID NOT buy this from someone that told you this was a turbo or something.. I cant think of what else would make you think the air filter should spin.. But yeah like has already been said it look right..

Even without the tubes that used to be there plenty of air will still get to the filter.. The tubes are simply there to limit sound in a stock car. That is why the stock intake has the air filter in a box... It is quiter that way. Usually in a "family car" like our cb's were intended to be quieter is better but when you are talking intake though quiet usually means restrictions.. Later

Comment

Hmmm I see I see. Haha, nooo no one told me it was a turbo..lol. I just figured it spinned cause I could twist the air filter with my hand..lol. Oh btw, I bought it from optionracing.com
                My Black "H"
                AL Meet!?

Comment

i hope you didn't pay no more than 35 bucks for it because imo, it's just the tubing you wanted. majority of the people here throw away that crap filter they give you and replace it with a more reliable K&N brand cone filter.

if you searched on Ebay, you can get pretty good looking ones for pretty damn cheap now and days.

as for the filter spinning, you might want to secure that on tighter somehow, don't want that thing falling off while driving because your engine and enviromental dust don't mix so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung

as for the filter spinning, you might want to secure that on tighter somehow, don't want that thing falling off while driving because your engine and enviromental dust don't mix so well.
                    If it falls of no big he is doing his own port and polish work the easy way and it goes threw the whole intake and exhaust system its a win all around.

:edit:
                    If it spins fix it so that doesn't happen you don't want to have to buy a new new motor over a 30 second fix
                    Last edited by NorcoAccord; 05-16-2007, 10:46 PM.

Click Me

Comment

Looks good. Now you can reroute that alarm wire or whatever it is that the red wire goes to.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Looks good. Now you can reroute that alarm wire or whatever it is that the red wire goes to.

There *is* something that "spins" in the airbox/tube that was sold on tv for awhile and usually at the "trade shows" and "county fairs" that CLAIM to save on gas... but we all know its total BS... but since you mentioned "spinning" maybe you though:

ahahhaha =)

looks good btw.
                        ----------------------------------------------------
                        Restoring a 1990 LX Coupe as my daily driver!
                        Completely stock
                        Yes, I race R/C Cars. (Team Stryker)
                        ----------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
                          That red wire, think your right probaly is the alarm. Actually I have no idea tho what the hell that is . The previous owner crapped up the whole electrical systems in the car basically. I had to go through hell putting in my radio..
                          My Black "H"
                          AL Meet!?

Comment

A short ram intake draws air from the engine bay. The stock intake system draws air from the fenderwell, through a resonator box. The filter does not spin, and that obnoxious metal restriction pictured above shouldn't either... well, THAT should never be near your car in the first place!

The intake has no wires attached to it. There are no sensors attached either. If you secured the pipe to the throttle body, and the filter to the other end of the pipe, you did it right.

Comment

dont wanna jack this thread but since we are on the topic. the airbox connects to 2 hoses that goes into the fender and somewhere underneath(im not sure where). if you leave them there and just put on a filter, wont the air still come up through the tubes?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Working...
                              X