Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question about f22a6 camshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about f22a6 camshaft

if i put a f22a6 cam in my f22a4, would it make any power increase?

someone tryed telling me it would.

i thought it was just the dual runners on the intake manifold tho.

answers?
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Not really your better off just getting a regrind.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

bisi cam or delta cam nuff said
      i went over 88mph and its not even yesterday
      second try 112+ mph havent even gained 5mins
      stupid fluxcopasitor damned DMC parts

my thread
      comin at ya

Comment

well i know that those are my best options in terms of making more power, but im really slim on $$, and my bud wants to sell me this camshaft real cheap. so i was just wondering if it would make anymore power.

again, im only asking because i thought that the f22a6 only made its extra power via the dual runners on the IM.
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

don't you think you'd be spending more money on your car using that cam?

i mean you're going to need a new VC gasket, maybe some tube seals (if you're leaking oil) and rocker arm seals since you're going to have the rocker arm assembly off anyways.

it's probably going to be more trouble than it's worth.

Comment

hmm. good point.
            im gonna pass on it.

BUT my question still remains.

does the f22a6 cam make more power than whats in the f22a4? or is it the same cam?

Comment

The consensus that I heard is that the change is so infinitesimal that it wouldn't be worth the effort it takes to remove your old camshaft to install another one.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                hmm. good point.
                im gonna pass on it.

BUT my question still remains.

does the f22a6 cam make more power than whats in the f22a4? or is it the same cam?
                Its not the same cam, The difference is minimal. Its not worth the extra time, labor, and cost for that little potential change in HP.

Comment

thanks guys. thats all i really wanted to know.

Comment

now a good question is, would it be worth it if i swapped the A6 cam inplace of my A1 cam?

that was something i was highly thinking about when i was having my lower rocker arms seals replaced, i mean everything was off anyway so why not you know? well the guy at the salvage yard wouldn't let me take the VC off of the car so i passed on it

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
                      now a good question is, would it be worth it if i swapped the A6 cam inplace of my A1 cam?

that was something i was highly thinking about when i was having my lower rocker arms seals replaced, i mean everything was off anyway so why not you know? well the guy at the salvage yard wouldn't let me take the VC off of the car so i passed on it
                      i think that would be worth it the A6 cam is more aggressive than the A1 no?
                      Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                      Had One Never Did Again

Comment

No, the A1 and A4 cams are the same, it would be as worthless as turbomaxx's query, only the a6 cam is different, but it isn't different enough to warrant a swap

Focus instead on the a6's IM, the a4's EM, the h23's plenum, ya know?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                        where you been, is something wrong?
                        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

As mentioned already not worth it. THe only reason I would buy a spare a6 cam is if I needed something to get sent out to regrind and still needed the car to DD.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                          X