Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

can you turbocharge a supercharger????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you turbocharge a supercharger????

arent they the same thing i dont kno ive always wondered ???

my members ride thread

if u mean turbo and supercharge a car then no
    Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Originally posted by dohcb7
      if u mean turbo and supercharge a car then no
      wrong....its been done several times. google it and you'll find a couple evos and sti's that have been done like that

My Members Ride Thread
      Originally posted by deevergote
      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

could you tell me y it is not possible by any chance???

my members ride thread

Comment

well i always assumed u couldnt do it because the turbo charge pipping and the supercharger both go in the intake manifold. But i guess i was wrong and it is possible lol.

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

yes it is possible and has been done

My Members Ride Page

Comment

hey let me get a link to a pic or of one thats done.

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

for some reason i find it pointless, maybe a benefit of less lag time but i dunno

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                My Ride thread
                Flickr
                Originally posted by d112crzy
                And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                All I gotta really say is:
                People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

supercharger= good from dig
                  turbo= good top end

twincharge= expensive, but cool

Comment

oohh alright thats kewl i was sittin here with my buddy and we we were juss wondering but hats kewl i bet it is real expensive but well worth it!!! could that be done to our cars???

my members ride thread

Comment

it would be a first to have both done, so far as i know.
                      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

I seen a 97 prelude supercharged turbo at HIN awhile back,,,, Im sure it's on the net somewhere .........

93 Accord H22.. 10th anniv.edition-wrecked R.i.P

99 EM1 Boosted type R- Jacked and never found

Comment

heres some info for you.
                          a turbo works off of the exhaust manifold, or where a header or headers usually are, the manifold utilized the air exerted by the engine via the exhaust to spin the turbine of the turbo, which sucks in air via an intake and that air is pushed through the charge pipes into the engine. The amount of psi a turbo pushes is determined by the size of the turbo and how long it takes to make the turbine spin.
                          a supercharger works off of a belt, much like your alternator. The belt turns a pulley(part of the supercharger) which causes air to flow and is pushed into the engine as well(im simplifying things here i know). There is some parasitic power loss this way, but the gain generally makes it all worthwhile. Also, the psi of the supercharger depends on the rpms and the pulley size used.
                          So, the two can be paired together, just do a google search for a twincharged car. It is not common or cheap, and would require an extensive build, which I kind of doubt you would want to, or be able to get into, as most people here would not be able to.
                          Hope this helps.
                          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

in Holland there's a ITR with both and it blows 402 whp! Only forgot who it was.....
                            And VW has it on the Golf GT with a 1.4l with 170 hp.

TSI is a Twin-charged version of Volkwagen’s FSI direct injection engine. TSI stands for “turbocharged stratified injection”. This little 1.4 liter monster makes about 168hp and 240Nm of torque at 1750-4000rpm. This big amount of low-end torque is achievable through a supercharger that works up to 2000rpm before the turbocharger kicked in.

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                            My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

yes u can heres da link http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...car/index.html
                              if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

Working...
                              X