Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

can you turbocharge a supercharger????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the calibrating for surge that youll get from the supercharge and the posible over spooling tuning is going to be a money pit
    if you want something special try putting two turbos on if you really want to stand out i dont think thats been done
    or a gt28 turbo and replace the muffler with a sts turbo system and wam bam thank you maam twin turbo kinda LOL
    good luck
    i went over 88mph and its not even yesterday
    second try 112+ mph havent even gained 5mins
    stupid fluxcopasitor damned DMC parts

my thread
    comin at ya

Comment

The Engine Bay

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
      My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

It can be done to our cars, I've never heard of anyone doing it to a CB7, it would definately take a lot of customization though. And I'm not sure if it would be quite as efficient as you might think. It would be cool if someone on this site did it though.
        R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
        FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
        Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

they sell forced induction kits for the sti. cost around 15grand. includeds 2 turbos and a supercharger, ecu, and everything you need to bolt it up. worth it, na.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by dohcb7
            if u mean turbo and supercharge a car then no

yeah you can.
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

ive seen a twin turbo supercharged STi somewhere, basically the only reason to do both is to try and create an anti-lag system so you dont have a rediculous turbo lag so they slap on a supercharger as well. the owner of the Sti claimed it had around 800+ whp but i dont know if that was correct or not but it should be about that

Comment

Ive seen it done on a mini. Quite impressive, I dont remeber the numbers it put down though.
                Last edited by vinbon63; 05-16-2007, 05:13 PM.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

ITs been done on old rally cars. One as I recall was some sort of Lancia if I remember correctly it was twincharged pushing close to 600hp. This was back in the days of group b rallying (Some of the best rallying evar).

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

^yes, it was the rally spec Lancia Delta Integrale S4 back in the 80's. those cars even stock are wicked!

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

wow. this is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by vinbon63
                        ^yes, it was the rally spec Lancia Delta Integrale S4 back in the 80's. those cars even stock are wicked!
                        Yep thats the one. I remember the body and the Lancia logo but forgot the name haha. I seen it some European gatherings at tracks a really beautiful car IMO. Some people might say it looks like crap but its a work of art to me. Heres a picture of the Martinis Lancia Delta.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thats some cool info! I'm in the middle of throwing a turbo on mine and decided on th t3/t4 morph for good low and high rpm's. Less money and did you see that engine bay? Wheres the engine? Good luck on finding the spark plugs for a tune up!

Comment

Hypercharging is what's it called and it's the biggest act of my wallet is bigger than yours i've ever seen. It's dumb, you're super heating your air and completely negating the use of a intercooler. So you're taking the compressed heated air out of the turbo into the intercooler then right back into a compressor where it gets heated again and then crammed into your engine. So what you've done is basically running a non intercooled supercharger setup but you've spent twice the money.

Runt

Comment

Working...
                            X