Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo for automatics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo for automatics

can i put a turbo on my automatic f22? if so do i ahve to cahnge anything? how many pownds max?

Yea but you obetter beef up the auto trans.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

It's not recomended because you will mess up your tranny eventually

I'm auto and I'm going to start a turbo build soon, guess we'll see how it turns out

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        Yea but you obetter beef up the auto trans.
        what you mean, and how ?

Comment

www.levelten.com

search 0wnZ j00!!!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

it will force too much power on the torque converter and then eventually over pressure the tranny... my cousin's friend did it on his lude... if you do, keep a sharp eye on transmission pressure and never.... i repeat NEVER floor it on the jump.... floor it after you feel the car go in 2nd gear
            1990 Accord EX Sold
            1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
            1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

auto trans

www.levelten.com high grade stuff $5100 for 3200 stall torque convertor upgraded trans to handle 350hp and billet axles which you will need
              or
              www.ipttrans.com worlds fastest dsm auto in the world so they say LOL
              start reseaching and about $3100 but just a 2400 stall torque convertor
              no axles LOL.
              if you have non injuried arms learn to drive stick convert that thing to a 5 speed and youll even be about 100lbs lighter and you have better gas mileage too, for the price youll be paying for the auto you could hook yourself up with a light flywheel. sweet clutch, beefier axles and have money for engine mods
              hell
              for 3500 you can have a custom engine with high compression and for 2000 bucks more youll have your trans done too and everyone will be asking for a ride but dont let me change your mind about autos cuz im already rebuilding my auto as soon as i have time to travel for a week to NJ to have everything done
              good luck
              i went over 88mph and its not even yesterday
              second try 112+ mph havent even gained 5mins
              stupid fluxcopasitor damned DMC parts

my thread
              comin at ya

Comment

Originally posted by NYKnick1015
                it will force too much power on the torque converter and then eventually over pressure the tranny... my cousin's friend did it on his lude... if you do, keep a sharp eye on transmission pressure and never.... i repeat NEVER floor it on the jump.... floor it after you feel the car go in 2nd gear
                cb7 dont have tranny pressure gauges although its a good thought to add one. OR just start in second gear and that should help with the whole peeling out thing [second gear is good up till about 70mph in redline]. When I go turbo was just gonna rely on the whole tranny went out so im putting another one in, I didnt know they can be hooked up.

Well i think the realy question shouldnt be how much boost but what HP/TQ numbers you want. I say anything over 250 you looking for trouble but an auto takes more hp to get to the wheels right ? So i think it should be like this. IF YOU SNAP AN AXLE MAYBE YOUR TRANNY IS NEXT.

hey man dont feel bad about spending some cash for a tranny. people fuck synchros in trannys all the time. If you mess yours up get the H22 auto LSD tranny and better spec OE converter. Maybe you can rebuild your stock unit and swap over the lsd. IM all for the DD comfort of auto. $00.02 and some

Comment

hey i just got back from that site . the TQverters are like 600. and rebuild kits are 300. with 900 buxs thats what centerforce dual and lite flywheel. but then the lsd is where the addidtional monies could be at. .. hmm... well the auto is still a good choice imo

Comment

i personally like my auto, you just gotta know how to handle/take care of it....
                    i say get a hold of the PTS kit and tq conv. from levelten and a good oil cooler and that should hold you up enough to let you have good fun and be a lil safer

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                    My Ride thread
                    Flickr
                    Originally posted by d112crzy
                    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                    All I gotta really say is:
                    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Working...
                    X