Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to splice tail light harness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to splice tail light harness?

I replaced my tail lights and the gaskets since mine were leaking a lot.

anyways, the gray blinker sockets have corroded badly and the bulbs are fused. I tries to remove them, but the bulbs broke and theyre ruined.

when i got my new used tails, one guy gave me good harness, but the other guy didn't, so I just need to buy or rig one up. I could buy a new one but I don't want to. I'd rather save my $$$ and try something out.

I mean this is basic electronics, not rocket science.

I was thinking of splicing a good black brake bulb socket (two electrodes) in the circuit of the gray blinker socket with one electrode.

both sockets are the same size and they should fit the lower hole.

the black socket has 3 wires, a red/black, and orange, and a black for ground. for the two electrodes

the grey socket I want to replace only has two wires, a power and a ground for the one electrode.

so I was wondering which of the two wires (red/black or orange) should I splice into the grey socket circuit?

because the brake bulb has 2 functions, to flash when the brake is pressed, and to stay on when the lights are turned on. which would be better to use as a blinker?

I feel like splicing it together, one wire will be left alone so only one of the bulbs filaments will get power.

1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
    ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
    OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

use both for a really bright blinker. or use the one for the brake light since its a stronger filament. your brake lights aren't meant to be on for a constant period of time. and neither are your turnsignals. tail running lights are. the tail light has a weaker filament to keep cooler as they are on for a long time like a house hold light bulb. the brake light has a stronger filament so if it is flashed or constantly turned on or off it won't blow. think of a house hold light bulb. if you turn it on and off it will burn out pretty quick. but if you leave it on constantly it will burn for a long time cuz it has a light filament that stays cool. if the filament were heavier it would get hotter and eventually burn apart. but you could flash it on and off and it would out do a regular light bulb.

so after my educational spew. if you don't want to use both use the brake light wire.
    vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by gromofsky_92
      use both for a really bright blinker. or use the one for the brake light since its a stronger filament. your brake lights aren't meant to be on for a constant period of time. and neither are your turnsignals. tail running lights are. the tail light has a weaker filament to keep cooler as they are on for a long time like a house hold light bulb. the brake light has a stronger filament so if it is flashed or constantly turned on or off it won't blow. think of a house hold light bulb. if you turn it on and off it will burn out pretty quick. but if you leave it on constantly it will burn for a long time cuz it has a light filament that stays cool. if the filament were heavier it would get hotter and eventually burn apart. but you could flash it on and off and it would out do a regular light bulb.

so after my educational spew. if you don't want to use both use the brake light wire.

thanks, I figured that. but does anyone know which wire is the brake light? the red/black or the orange?

I do have 2 crap harnesses, so I could do it via trial and error, but if anyone knows for sure that would be great.

I just checked online and they want 25 bucks for this thing! I'm 99% sure doing it my way will work so it's better to save that money for new spark plugs and other tune up stuff.
      OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

Comment

I tried it, but it didn't work. the brake light is the orange wire and the tail light is the red wire.

I kinda figurred it might not work, you need current in both electrodes and it wont work if only one gets power.

anyways I need to buy one now, let me know if anyone has what I need, I wish to buy from you.

Comment

Working...
        X