Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Squeaking from outside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeaking from outside.

Ok guys, I was just doing my usual grocery getting today and I had the windows down and as soon as i started driving I heard a lot of squeaks coming from outside. Then I come to realize that its my car and it sounds like its coming from my tires or somewhere in that area. Because theres a lot of damage to the roads of NYC, i was continuously hitting bumps and there was a lot of squeak. Gradually the squeaks became less and less heard to the point where there weren't any more squeaks. For some reason i thought it could be the brakes so when i hit the light, I let my car roll and braked really hard and it would squeak too, but then I figured its most likely not the brakes since the car would make noise in motion. But like I said, it stopped making that noise towards the end of my trip. What do you think it could be? I think its that I need a replacement of front tires. I figure that as the tires began heating up, there was less noise. And also i do recall my mechanic that my tires had tread left but they're old and they're beginning to get bumps or something like an old balloon thats getting inflated more on one side than the other.

Sorry for the long post, but i tried to describe it as much as I could. Any ideas?

First things I would check are your bushings and crap. Then I would go look at your pads. My squeaking was coming from the rear and low and behold my rear pad was down to metal. Replaced it and my squeaking went away. Now that I have another squeaking problem its prob one of my bushings gone since my car is low.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yea nails got it...

Most obvious would be your pads...they have sensors in them that squeak to let you know when they need to be replaced.

Not so obvious would be ball joints, bushings....stuff that is tucked away.

Check out your susp and wheels and see if anything needs replacing.

Comment

it could possibly be hubcabs that aren't tightened enough. So check your lugnuts and make sure they are all tight. Cause when that cap gets loose, it could sometimes make a squeaking noise. Yeah and if you dont have hubcaps, then check your swaybar endlinks that was mentioned above, the rubber in them kinda deteriorates after awhile, giving a metal on metal contact that could possibly make that noise. I remember mine made a rattling noise for the longest time and that was it...back when i didn't know shit about cars, hehe. And this is a wierd theory, but check your CV joints, they could be squeaking if there isn't any grease in them. hope that helps doode!

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Can it really be the brake pads? Because it would squeak when i'd be in motion as well, not only when I would brake.

**edit**

Also like i said earlier, the squeaking stopped by the end of my trip. It only squeaked in the beginning which is why I thought the tires would be the culprit, being that they needed to be heated up.
          Last edited by trcsbrian; 05-12-2007, 03:13 PM.

Comment

bump.. come on guys, i need more to go on than this...

could it be my wheel bearings that have gotten worse? I know my bearings are bad and they've been squeaking but they've been more like hums. Now my tires are squeaking, could it be that the bearings got worse?

Comment

Squeaking happened on low speeds and turns when my rears were out.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so you figure its the brake pads and not my bushings getting worse?

Comment

Working...
                X