Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Problem accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem accelerating

when i accelerate my car takes a while to get high rpm jump. Like if i wanna go really fast it would take like 10 secods to kick in. or let say i turn a corner so i slow down and then accelerate it takes a minute to go faster, sometimes feels like someone holding me back from moving. I dont wanna go buy a hole bunch of stuff and it wont be it, i heard it could be my tune up or it can be my catalyc, but my dad says if my catalyc was clogged smoke wouldnt come out. some one pleaseeee help!!!

your being very vague but here it goes
    check list
    check air filter
    check to make sure all you vac hose are connected
    if you havent changed your fuel filter in the last 30000miles change it
    is this an auto or stick either way check the fuild in you trans make sure its not brown in color and doesnt smell burnt
    try these options first oppps forgot one
    change spark plugs
    good luck
    i went over 88mph and its not even yesterday
    second try 112+ mph havent even gained 5mins
    stupid fluxcopasitor damned DMC parts

my thread
    comin at ya

Comment

Cap, rotor, oil, check for CEL codes, make sure the cat isn't clogged (as you said... if the air can't get out, the car can't move), do a compression check on the engine, make sure your injectors are all working properly...

With such a vague problem, there are MANY possible solutions. Check all that stuff, and see what you come up with. Replacing parts is NEVER a bad idea on an old car. Just replace them with quality components (OEM Honda is always best).

Comment

also check ur ignition timing- that'll deffinitly create lag

Bought from: 92acclude, almostJDM, cali-racer, MikeW, rexload, slick, sackingz123, so-calsfinest, lindiz, yeamans17
        Sold to: timmy0tool, sackingz123, judonoh, jdmhondaman, jdmaccord91,Ofr
        mycb7.com
        Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by shanleycb7
          also check ur ignition timing- that'll deffinitly create lag
          And damage, if it's that far off!

Comment

First of all, any check engine light? Is your car 92-93? If it is ,unplug the coil wires then check the resistance in your ignition coil. If its 90-91 I suggest a tune up(if that dont fix it), then check your spark at the wires.

Comment

i have a similar problem... low rpms just plain suck. after i get to say 2500 to 3000 its punchy as all get out. just did a tune up. cap rotor plugs wires oil filter air filter all that jazz. f22a is the heart of the beast. no codes are being thrown to my attention. and runs very well aside from that. compression? im sure its gotta be shot. high rpms blow smoke! YAY. bad rings huh. what crap. oh well, good excuse to do a h22 swap.

R.I.P.

Comment

might also want to check the fuel filter.

Comment

due it sounds like your transmission is not coming out of overdrive to me its auto correct?
                  ]

Comment

Mine runs great, but sometimes it'll just feel lazy. Doesn't correlate to anything as far as I can tell. Tuneup and everything are in order. I've just lived with it so far. Its not a huge difference, so I've always wondered if it was just me.

If its constant, I'd check things as suggested above, plus tire pressure.
                    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                      due it sounds like your transmission is not coming out of overdrive to me its auto correct?
                      its auto, what imma do is do a full tune up, and change the entire piping from the headers to the muffler tip, hopefully it would be done.

Comment

Originally posted by bxjdm
                        i turn a corner so i slow down and then accelerate it takes a minute to go faster, sometimes feels like someone holding me back from moving.

this makes me think u should add tranny fluid becasue it looks like u lose some on cornering making it not grab, u should check ur tranny fluid and add accordingly. lol accordingly
                        ]

Comment

Working...
                        X