Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engines that can swap into a 4th gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engines that can swap into a 4th gen?

I've heard some talk of a few engines for the 4th gen, but which engines can you swap into them? I found a website that imports engines from japan, but they dont say which hondas they can drop into. If someone can help me out id appriciate it.
    "Nihilism argues that the world, especially past and current human existence, is without objective meaning, purpose, comprehensible truth, or essential value."

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39834

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i cant post on that link (cause im a newcomer) so i will post here
      so out of the engines you can fit in our cb7s, the h23a is the best motor we can put in our car?

Comment

Best motor depends on the chooser.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

most power for most economy would be h22 hands down. thats the most common swap. the h23 motor itself is the same price as an h22 complete changeover (i think).

Comment

[QUOTE=trcsbrian]most power for most economy would be h22 hands down. thats the most common swap.=QUOTE]

ya..for most n/a ppl for it's awesome vtec ..even if common, it's still kickass.

edit...plus welcome to the site!...Where in Funkytown are you at?
            Last edited by Djmoua; 05-13-2007, 02:06 AM.

*Needs*
            -New shocks
            -Struts
            -Drop
            -Cleaning
            -New Tires/Wheels
            -New Window Tint
            -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

H22 is the most power, especially in the Type S or Euro R trim (though, unless you can find a good deal on those, the money saved by getting a normal H22 can be used to make more power with aftermarket upgrades)

H23 is less power, but a little safer if you want to go turbo.

F22B DOHC is similar to the H23.

F20B is neat, with a high redline... but the powerband isn't as wide as the H22.

H23 VTEC is a fairly rare swap, and I don't know anyone here who has one.

The rest of the motors are also good, but I don't need to go into detail.

"best" is what suits your needs, both budget and power potential. The H22 is great, but it has a ceiling... when you reach that, it costs a LOT more money to make significant power. The H23 and F22B DOHC are better swaps for turbo. However, if you want to go turbo, the F22A in your car now is a good choice as well, and spending the money you WOULD spend on a swap to build the motor (or a better turbo setup) would be a wise decision.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

"best" is what suits your needs, both budget and power potential. The H22 is great, but it has a ceiling... when you reach that, it costs a LOT more money to make significant power. The H23 and F22B DOHC are better swaps for turbo. However, if you want to go turbo, the F22A in your car now is a good choice as well, and spending the money you WOULD spend on a swap to build the motor (or a better turbo setup) would be a wise decision.
                well said

oh yeah, dont forget the V6 project..

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                Honda Accord Euro-R
                Honda Odyssey Absolute
                Honda City I-DSi
                Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                X