Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bought a cb7, new car new problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bought a cb7, new car new problems

just botut he cb7 as some of you might have noticed my cb7 vrs cl thread a little eariler. well i bought it and have driving it little due to i got it today and i cant get it registered yet, anyways i llove it already but i do have a small, maybe big problem.

i took it over to my buddies a block away to rub it in cause he has a hit civic dx, i i go get him in his house and he come out and it wont start. it cranks but wont start, then it dose start on about the third time but stals within moments. push it up to his garage and pop the hood and pull a plug to make sure im getting spark so he cranks it while i watch the plug and hit just barley hits it and it fires up, without the plug in!!!. instantly turn it off and replace the plug in the hold and it fires up and runs fine, have started and stoped it 5 to ten time and have had no more problems???????

will post pics of the car soon, very clean

thanks kyle

Main Relay probably.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hows the weather there? warm/hot?

like Nails there said, the main relay has been known to have crappy solder work to it. prolly run you 40 bucks give or take for a new one. most of the people on here just pull it out and take a solder iron/gun up to it to make sure all the contact points are nice and clean. the second choice being the cheapest of all.

not sure if anyone said it yet but "Welcome to the family."

Comment

thanks, location of main relay?

Comment

If you have time, read this.

Comment

It can also be the fuel pump relay, but I am not 100 percent on our cars.

Mine has done this a couple times over the last 4 months, but i havent REALLY worried about it.

However, My friends 1992 acura integra had this problem ALL the time, so we pulled the fuel pump relay from under the passenger side dash ( probly diff. from our cars) and poped it open, and sure enough, 16 years of heat and cold had broken/corroded the main connections.

Needless to say, she wasnt about to spend over 100 bucks at honda ( she only uses genuine honda parts, i guess she is a honda snob) so we souldered them back together and no problems in over a year!

Wether it is the main relay, or the fuel pump relay, it is a very easy fix, and soldering irons are cheap.

P.S. I dont remember if we used rosin core or not, but i think you prolly should. (correct me if Im wrong guys)

Comment

Working...
            X