Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a head onto F22a1 Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a head onto F22a1 Block

Can you put a H22a head on a f22a1 block? using the h22 timing belt will it drive the oil pump and water pump correctly? using the p13 prelude ecu will the prelude injectors run to rich for the low compression f22 or will computer compensate with long term fuel trim or should the f22 injectors be used.

i ve been told too many different things by friend that it can be done and that it can't im just confused share your insight and wisdom please. THANKS A BUNCH!
    word...

Ive never seen that done so i have no idea, it would be an interesting hybrid. I know the h23 head can be bolted up with just a few things done to it.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

yeah ive heard of that too do you know what mods you have to do to make it work?
      word...

Comment

Yea blockwork...its pointless to put an efficient head on a block if you cant use it to its max potential. Your better of using an h23/DOHC f22b head like everyone else since its within powerband.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Yea blockwork...its pointless to put an efficient head on a block if you cant use it to its max potential. Your better of using an h23/DOHC f22b head like everyone else since its within powerband.
          f22 block is very similar to the h22 block. The f22 can handle the head fine. The reason headswaps don't work out well is because people don't know how to maintain them.

h22/f22 has been done. http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=776837
          Last edited by d112crzy; 04-28-2007, 02:23 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Why not just go with the full h22 swap? Are you planning on boosting? Because I think that would be the main reason to keep the f22 block, other than that it seems kind of pointless

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
              Why not just go with the full h22 swap? Are you planning on boosting? Because I think that would be the main reason to keep the f22 block, other than that it seems kind of pointless
              Not if you're hurting for money, it's not pointless.

It can cost less than $500 and has the potential to be better than a stock h22, with a stock frank(if that makes sense).

Comment

To take advantage of swapping over that head you will need to do some internal work to the block to get it to work such as swapping over cranks and shit. Doubt the F22A crank can handle constant beatings up there without some work but then I could be wrong. I forgot what Hondafan81 used for a crank might have been stock I dont remember. Then you get to have fun locking the pins in.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  Not if you're hurting for money, it's not pointless.
                  True enough, but if you dont DIY how much labour is involved with something like that? Plus the internal work? I dont know it might end up costing a little less, but a lot less? IDK
                  Last edited by mozzandherb; 04-28-2007, 02:53 PM.

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    To take advantage of swapping over that head you will need to do some internal work to the block to get it to work such as swapping over cranks and shit. Doubt the F22A crank can handle constant beatings up there without some work but then I could be wrong. I forgot what Hondafan81 used for a crank might have been stock I dont remember. Then you get to have fun locking the pins in.

There is NO internal work needed.

It can handle the revs. Maintaining the engine is key.

Comment

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=529272&page=1

f22b head on a f22a1 block

Comment

Uhh...that's the f22b1 head on an f22a block, basically a weak ass f22b1.

The most retarded head swap, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy

There is NO internal work needed.

It can handle the revs. Maintaining the engine is key.
                          Nm then Ill roll my n00b cart back to my corner. Anyway franks usually die because of low oil pressure as I recall resulting in spun bearings and crap. Thast if it is not taken care of.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yes the head can be swap and it can run just fine just watch your compression on the motor i used the the sohc vtec f22b1 block and used a h23 head and a f23 block with a h22 head. On the f22b's the comp is 8:8:1 by puting on the h23 head it droped lower to 8:3:1 and i am runing 18psi on a stock block it is reliable "But" you got to have someone who can tune good. When i put the h22 head on the f23 it raised the comp to 10:5:1 some where in the area it was puting out 225hp 178tq. So yeah to your answer it can be done.

To do it right is is what you need to do change the crank spoket to any of the h series change the water pump to any of the h series and change the water pump tube to a nonvetec sohc or a vtec sohc cause the one on the h series is too long for the f22 blocks oh i almost forgot you got to use a h series head gasket.
                            IF IT AIN'T BOOSTED IT'S SLOW!

turbo G23 420hp 385tq mainstream tuning

Comment

yeah i am planning on turbo im just researching because of my limited knowledge and experience. i wanted to do a full h22 swap but its just not practical right now. funds are limited as most know how it goes. thanks for all the input and thoughts.
                              word...

Comment

Working...
                              X