Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My Car is Running Rich...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Car is Running Rich...

Hey, my car is running very rich. I can't give it to much throttle or gas will throw out the back. Which makes it hard to DD seeing as how I live around a lot of hills.

I have heard new o2 sensor and maybe I have bad plugs.

Any other ideas, what should I check right away that would be a sign of the problem?

I am just getting really sick of this and want to fix it over this weekend, but I don't know much about engines and don't know where to start. I want to do it myself though.
    Click for my ride thread.

are there any CELs? i would probably start with the o2 sensor and probably do a tune up with new plugs.

maybe you need hotter plugs?

what kind of intake do you have? a stock setup or short ram/cai?

Comment

I have an all stock setup with 2 degree advanced timing.
      There are no codes.
      I just took out one plug and it has oil on the tip... probably because the tube seals are leaking. I am going to go check the other plugs... Can I just wipe off the oil?

Comment

Okay, so I guess wiping off the oil is pointless.
        Where do you guys reccomend getting the tube seals/vc gasket. Honda? Schucks... how much do they cost?

Comment

Honda. I dont think parts stores have the lower tube seals. You need the ones UNDER the rocker assembly, not the ones for the valve cover.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I think the Fel Pro vc gasket kits have it from oreillys or whatever if I recall. Tune up the car.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

sure you can wipe off the oil from the tips of the plugs and reuse them. but yeah do the lower cam seals and also all the seals on the valve cover too.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Okay... so I have lower cam seals, vc gasket, lower tube seals... missing anything?

Are any of these seals hard to replace? Or all pretty simple replacement stuff. Thanks alot, I'll be getting this stuff soon, I need my car running well. I also noticed the car reluctantly starts, like turns over pauses then rumbles... is this from the plugs?

Comment

Do a tune up if you have not yet.
                  Basics include:
                  Plugs/wires
                  Cap/Rotor
                  Fuel Filter and such

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.