Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Urethane Bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urethane Bushing

Are they really better than stock Bushing, cause a shop near my home have a big sale on a Full kit of Urethan bushing for only 95$ (they ordinary sale this kit 325$)
    What are the Pro and con's (if there is) of urethane bushing

Yes. They are stiffer. Last longer blah blah blah helps performance.

Bad part they tend to squeal over time. Some are a bitch to get on.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

rock the urethane
      i went over 88mph and its not even yesterday
      second try 112+ mph havent even gained 5mins
      stupid fluxcopasitor damned DMC parts

my thread
      comin at ya

Comment

A full bushing kit is usually only $100-ish... That's a fair deal, but not crazy (even CDN)

Urethane is good, and better than any aftermarket stock replacement. Stock stuff is good, but not as stiff. Urethane will definitely make handling crisper. However, as said above, they do tend to squeal over time, and the eventually corrode and as I believe Cisco once said "turn to shit" It's a decent upgrade for the price, though. I've heard nothing but good stuff from people that have done it.

Comment

any particular brands we should be looking for?

Comment

Energy Suspension is the most common. There's another big one as well, but I forget the name.

Energy is best, by far, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              Energy Suspension is the most common. There's another big one as well, but I forget the name.

Energy is best, by far, as far as I'm concerned.
              Prothane is probably the other one you are trying to think of. I wrote a review on the ES setup. Maybe that will help answer your questions.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60375
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

I've had both the ES kit and Prothane kit on my front end and I like the prothane kit better. The material is stiffer and doesn't squeak. I lubricated both systems and I found the ES kit squeaks alot more. It takes time to install a kit like this and it could be frustrating but it's worth it.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

I heard that these kits squeak alos. I have the energy master kit in my room. There were 2 things stopping me from putting them on. 1 was that a shop wanted like 600 dollars because it was difficult and 2 that I heard these we for racing cars. So would you guys sugest that I install them or no? What would you do if it was you?
                  Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                  Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                  JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

My cousin has it in his CB7 and it doesn't squeak at all. Im planning on getting some put on my Cb7 too. Where have you seen them cost 600?

This Car Is Killin Me Softly
                    In This World Killin Me....Softly.........lol

F20a Funds: $0.65
                    Need : $500.00

Comment

Not that they cost 600 thats how much a body shop wanted to install them. They said they had to press all of the bushings off and then it was even harder to get them back on. Besides I already have the kit.
                      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

It is harder to take out than to put in. They literally slide right in. It is not htat it is hard to do but does take some time to take every part which a bushing would go into apart and swap it out with the new bushings and then reinstall. It is somewhat labor intensive...but I wouldn't say it is difficult if you have the right tools.
                        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                          I've had both the ES kit and Prothane kit on my front end and I like the prothane kit better. The material is stiffer and doesn't squeak. I lubricated both systems and I found the ES kit squeaks alot more. It takes time to install a kit like this and it could be frustrating but it's worth it.
                          The prothane bushings are a much nicer piece and feel more solid when just comparing them side by side with ES. I like how prothanes come with a metal sleeve outside.

I located some lca and uca anchor bolts to have the bushings pressed ahead of time and plan on putting the bushings into the arms and swapping everything at once. I've been putting it off because I wanted to do a full suspension rebuild all at one time.

Comment

Working...
                          X