Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Front Suspension Problem/Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Suspension Problem/Questions

Hey everyone my car has developed some problems and I had a few questions. If its not to much to ask.

1. My tie rod boots are torn and energy suspension makes universal boots, I installed them, but not a 100% fit but they look like they would get the job done. Is this ok, or would i need to replace the whole rod?

2. I installed a Dropzone camber kit on my vehicle and when i hit a dip/speed bump at 25 mph I hear a noise coming from the front, could the kit be hitting the top arm or interfearing with anything?

3. My upper ball joint boots are torn (Due to me being stupid and using a ball joint seperator), Would the Universal upper ball joint boot from energy suspenion work well?

4. Last question. I also installed KYB AGX struts with H&R Sport 1.5 drop but it appears way to low. I have a 1 1/2 finger gap in the rear but 1 finger in the front. I installed the struts like the manual says. But I was looking for at least a 2 finger gap. Any suggestions, and out of curiosity can I move the clamp at the bottom of the strut futher down to gain a little more clearance or no?

Because of these problems I wasnt able to make it to the meet on the 21 to see other CB7's as well. Sorry guys.

Any info would be greatly helpfull oh sorry forgot to add im rollin on 17's 215/45 r17 if that helps any. Thanx again!
    The look I get Comming out of my CB7

For question #2 your control arms are probably hitting the body. Take your front wheels off and look up in the wheel well. If they are hitting you'll see the marks from it. Just use a hammer (or air hammer like I did) and beat it back a little until you have clearance. Or you can run a little negative camber for clearance, but you'll chew up tires a little qiucker.

As far as the ride height issue, I'm not sure cuz I got Tein H-Tech's 1.5F-1.1R on 215/45/17's and I sit at about a 2 finger gap in front. Different size fingers maybe?

Comment

what is the perfect camber kit for cb7?s

i got a camber kit for cb7 and droped my car but it seems like the camber kit dosent work?. any ideas
      My 92 accord

Comment

camber problem

i got a camber kit for cb7 and droped my car but it seems like the camber kit dosent work? im still wearing my tires on the inside . any ideas
        My 92 accord

Comment

Working...
        X