Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tornado Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tornado Intake

I'm getting mixed reviews on this product. Are they worth using? Do they really decrease horsepower? I have a short ram w/a Tornado at the intake end, is this sh*t robbing power and adding just MPG? I hear theres an article but need to know if I should remove it. I bought it a year ago and still have it on but its for that 5hp its supposed to add.

Waste of money. Straight up bro.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

dood...

you should do your homework before adding ANYTHING to your car. The Tornado is not designed to work with your Fuel Injected car. This item was originally designed to work on carburated or throttle body injected engines. The way it works is to get the air spinning in the intake tube and then catch the fuel in the carb and atomize it better and suck it into the engine. This will make for better combustion.

On a Fuel injected car, you don't really have the chance for the turbulant air made by the Tornado to make any real effect on the fuel coming out of the injectors. This is because the injectors are so close to the inake valves.

In my opinion, unless you go nuts and carburate that car....take the thing off and use it as a wrench holder on the side of your toolbox.

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

my buddies truck

my buddy has one on his 06 chevy colorado, most annoying thing ever. Sounds like a blow off valve in action but it is constant and without the effect of a turbo. 3 thumbs down from me, dont ask where I got the other thumb but my roomate my be in pain a while for buying this stuff.
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

Kool. Its off in the morning! What about the Helix throttle body spacers for our f22s' they create a "vortex" and add an inch space $99.00? Supposed to add horsepower/torque/and fuel economy? Anyone try one?

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
            Waste of money. Straight up bro.
            x2 ......

93 Accord H22.. 10th anniv.edition-wrecked R.i.P

99 EM1 Boosted type R- Jacked and never found

Comment

Originally posted by Aeromech
              dood...

you should do your homework before adding ANYTHING to your car. The Tornado is not designed to work with your Fuel Injected car. This item was originally designed to work on carburated or throttle body injected engines. The way it works is to get the air spinning in the intake tube and then catch the fuel in the carb and atomize it better and suck it into the engine. This will make for better combustion.

On a Fuel injected car, you don't really have the chance for the turbulant air made by the Tornado to make any real effect on the fuel coming out of the injectors. This is because the injectors are so close to the inake valves.

In my opinion, unless you go nuts and carburate that car....take the thing off and use it as a wrench holder on the side of your toolbox.

Mine was $5.oo from a friend with a 5 fingered discount, and like I said it was a year ago when all write ups were "promo" good. Thanks for the info though. I'm taking it to heart and will pass it along my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_Project
                Kool. Its off in the morning! What about the Helix throttle body spacers for our f22s' they create a "vortex" and add an inch space $99.00? Supposed to add horsepower/torque/and fuel economy? Anyone try one?
                Don't buy that either, it's also a waste of money

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22
                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

"11.2@120" is that the tortoise or your CB7? Is your H22 boosted or just built from bottom up? Those are nice #'s!

Comment

I think it's intended to be a joke...

The Tornado, or any similar thing, is useless. All it does is add restriction to an otherwise free-flowing intake. That means no greater MPG, no more horsepower.

Think about how your intake is setup... the air goes in the filter, up the pipe, through the throttle body, into the plenum, down the runners, picks up fuel from the injectors, and gets sucked into the engine through the intake valves.

Now, think about what the Tornado claims to do. It says it swirls the air to help with atomization and even distribution... makes sense, right? Until you factor the plenum into things. Once the air gets in there, all swirling stops. In fact, a certain level of turbulance is GOOD in the plenum... otherwise, there wouldn't be even distribution of air to all cylinders (cylinder 4 would get all the air if it went smoothly to the very back of the plenum and down the intake runner...)

I don't know much about carbureted cars, so I can't really back up the functionality there...
                    However, a properly designed and tuned carbueretor isn't a bad thing. Bisi runs 9s in his NA carb'd F22 powered Insight. He estimates that a CB7 with that engine could potentially run low 11s.

Comment

i talked to my auto instructor who is a master tech, he says that anywhich way the tornato does absolutly nothing. it's just a moran with great selling ideas.

Comment

Working...
                      X