Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sport Icon blinking, speedometer, check engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport Icon blinking, speedometer, check engine.

one afternoon while driving on the high way i noticed my speedometer not working and somtimes go crazy up and down, then the sport icon started to blink , and then my check engine went on what can be going on?

Originally posted by bxjdm
    one afternoon while driving on the high way i noticed my speedometer not working and somtimes go crazy up and down, then the sport icon started to blink , and then my check engine went on what can be going on?

sounds like your VSS Vehicle speed sensor crapped out on you which will trigger a CEL. i think genuine honda VSS' are 140 bucks, i said forget that and got one off of Ebay for 30 bucks. Another guy on here has gotten one off of Ebay and says he hasn't had any problems with it.

Comment

he is correct it is your speed sensor..

it is on top of the tranny on the passenger side. there will be 1 long 10 mm bolt to take t out.. most likely you will need to remove 2 tranny hoses from it and give it a good pull it's in their tight.. the top piece the actuaul sensor it's self is what you will replace,, it has 2 10 mm bolts and in side is a lil dowel your new one should come with one,, be sure to put it back in,, fasten the 2 10 mm bolts back up stick back down inside car, hook up the 2 tranny fluid lines and now when you go to put i back in the tranny be verry verry careful! you will think it is all the way down inside the tranny but it probly isn't,, and if it isn't and you atsrt tightening,, you will break off the ear that holds it down and you are screwed till you buy a new one.. make sure with a light and your fingers it is flush against each other.. i guarentee that te cel light will go off and you speedo will once again live.
      hope that helped
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

if the VSS doesn't fix it, you might have a TPS or a tranny controller problem also.

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

i am going to have to do this to mine too. it seems like its pretty easy from all the readings.

is it accessible from the top or bottom. i presume top? anything need to be moved out of the way. i'll go look at my engine tonight when i get off work.

seems easy enough right?
          ----------------------------------------------------
          Restoring a 1990 LX Coupe as my daily driver!
          Completely stock
          Yes, I race R/C Cars. (Team Stryker)
          ----------------------------------------------------

Comment

same thing happened to me and i picked one up at the junkyard for 20 bucks

Comment

Working...
            X