Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Slimy build up in water ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slimy build up in water ways

Hey everyone I bought me a cb7 that had a broken timing belt.I got all Honda parts to part it back together.Had the head redone at the machine shop.

I pulled the old water pump off today and there this brownish slimy shit on the pump fins.I also noticed there is this same build up stuff around the cylinder walls,well around the outside of them in the block,I'm sure you guys know what I am talking about.

What is this stuff, is this normal build up or something? How should I go about cleaning this stuff out ?

its normal build up and from the the water pump thats all old res due from the coolant, change that dont clean that, and as far as the outside of the block its jus old build of grease dirt etc. Engine degresser is the best, take it to the car wash and pressure wash it down have car runnin tho cover up the dist.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Ohh ok. I didn't mean the outside of the block.I mean in the block..on the outside of each cylinder wall there is a passage for coolant,that same build up that was on the water pump is in the passage way that goes around each cylinder.I have never seen this kind of build up before.

I don't care about the grease build up on the outside of the block.

If I can get the pics off the camera to the pc I will post them.But still need some ideas on how to clean that stuff out, or should I not bother with it ?

Comment

o o ok ya that happen to me to my motor had alot of miles over 220K and it blew.

i really dunno but im sure some of the guys here would know, but i would do it get a coolant cleaner and jus flush out the coolant.. anti freeze change.

and jus run water through the motor and clean it that way and ull c some of it actually break loose

if u gonna do this take out the thermostat and jus leave the rubber gasket on so no water will leak when u cleanin it

Comment

Well what do you guys think this stuff is ? It could be stop leak stuff, cause I remember him saying he put some in at some point.

Just trying to figure out if I should clean this out while the head is still off,or just flush it out after I get it running?

Comment

F20A CB7: You need to start using normal fonts and colors.

I have seen buildup like this, only in GM's and vehicles that use either DEXCOOL, or ACDelco coolant. So someone tried using american junk on your not so american car, and well. You get the picture. In other words, someone was using an oil based coolant in the car. TTFN.
            Last edited by Dv8; 04-22-2007, 11:26 PM.

Comment

ill use wat i like

Comment

If your trying to post useful information, its best to do so in a presentable manner, not an annoying one.

Comment

Aww come on people.I know someones else has something to add to this to help me out.

I could have put it all back together by now...

Comment

Get as much as you can while everythings apart then once its all back together flush it, is it like a sludge? Does it seem like a flush would knock it out?
                    CB7
                    Removed:A/C, P/S, C/C, ABS, Wires, Battery
                    Added: H22A, South Bend TZ Series Clutch, Fidanza (8lb) Flywheel, Megan 4-1 Headers
                    Waiting For:M2F4 Tranny, NX 50 Shot

Comment

Its not really a sludge.Its more of a film of brown shit.Kinda like when gravy gets that film/coat over it after sitting for a while.Ya know?

But at the bottom of those passages around the cylinder where the slim shit is.There seems to be crumbs of harder like shit.I'm really thinking this was some sort of radiator stop leak stuff..but not sure.

I'll clean what I can out, and give it a good flush after shes running.Is there a plug on the block where I can flush the block while the head is off? I know on my lude there is a big bolt behind the exhaust manifold for that,didn't see one on the accord tho.

Comment

Prob sludge that has developed over the years in your radiator. Thats where it usually catches. Just flush out the system and rebleed and crap youll be fine.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Ok cool I just wanted to make sure.

Is there a way to tell if the timing belt tensioner's are bad or not ?

I also noticed that all pistons are half way up,all at the same position.Should I turn the crank or put those any certain way before installing the head?
                          Last edited by Cb7-Ba4; 04-23-2007, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7-Ba4
                            Is there a way to tell if the timing belt tensioner's are bad or not ?

I also noticed that all pistons are half way up,all at the same position.Should I turn the crank or put those any certain way before installing the head?

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                              its normal build up and from the the water pump thats all old residue from the coolant, change that dont clean that, and as far as the outside of the block its jus old build of grease dirt etc. Engine degresser is the best, take it to the car wash and pressure wash it down have car runnin tho cover up the dist.
                              Translated so that it can be seen..

Simple Green and a toothbrush does wonders also. That is what I use on my engine bay..

Also technically your ARE NOT supposed to use HIGH pressure when washing your motor... You should ALWAYS use low pressure when working around the motor. High pressure can overtime damage gaskets and eventually wear them down from the outside to the inside thus letting water in and oil out.. Just my two cents.. Later

Comment

Working...
                              X