Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

AEM V2 Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEM V2 Air Intake

Is there a difference in a v2 air intake for a 90-93 Accord and 92-96 Prelude because I have an H22 engine in my 92 accord. Do they fit differently or is it a bigger diameter? Which one should I order?

I never ever found a v2 intake for this car for the 2 months I figured out for the best intake of choice. which I ended up with the short ram. Trust me if u wanting to just boost later, just get the short ram for now. if you want all motor, nevermind.
    No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

tell you the truth, i would NEVER spend that kind of $$$ on an intake UNLESS you're going ALL-OUT all motor, there's nothing different between a $25 ebay intake and a $110 AEM intake but the filter which can be bought for no more than $50.....just my 2 cents

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
        tell you the truth, i would NEVER spend that kind of $$$ on an intake UNLESS you're going ALL-OUT all motor, there's nothing different between a $25 ebay intake and a $110 AEM intake but the filter which can be bought for no more than $50.....just my 2 cents
        That is MOSTLY true with the regular cold air. You could argue in AEM's favor a little bit because of the thermal coating they use, but it isn't significant for the price difference.

The V2 is NOT the same as the others though. It has a broader power band by virtue of its 2 chambers, but I don't feel that it is significant enough for the price either.

I modded my stock airbox.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
          That is MOSTLY true with the regular cold air. You could argue in AEM's favor a little bit because of the thermal coating they use, but it isn't significant for the price difference.

The V2 is NOT the same as the others though. It has a broader power band by virtue of its 2 chambers, but I don't feel that it is significant enough for the price either.

I modded my stock airbox.
          X2, it looks very beefy...at least for the one for the prelude in which u are thinking of getting. It looks very similar to the short ram except by the filter the tube gets huge even though that is made for sound resonance or whatever. Anyways, intakes don't do much, and the v2 doesn't either for the h22...
          Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
          Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

I was also going to say.

The Accord intake is too small for the H series, so yes, you need to use an H22 intake.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

yea, see i can't argue with their V2 intake cause that shit's serious(down to proven tests), but i was mainly referring to regular intakes

My Ride thread
              Flickr
              People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

wayy overprice for what it does (very little) in my opinion

Comment

that's why i said it's not worth it unless you're ALL-OUT-BALLS-TO-THE-WALL all motor.....

My Ride thread
                  Flickr

Comment

I paid $200 for my AEM CAI (the original design) back in the day.. I regret it now. 1-2hp isn't really that significant. Sure, it DOES do what it says... but you'd never know. Dropping some weight or running properly sized lightweight wheels would make more of a difference.

Comment

word, ebay intake will own all lol im running an aem but i got it for free

Comment

I think you would do better by getting the Prelude Type-S intake... still pretty pricey at $150, but basically the same deal as the AEM V2 for half the price. I'm debating whether to go with BOMZ again or pony up the dough for the Type-S intake...

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

from my experiences with aftermarket air intakes, I can say that the factory air box design is best. yes, an aftermarket intake does look sweet and makes a cool noise, but those are the only advantages. you dont need a big air intake on a close to stock motor.
                          you actually lose power with a lot of the aftermarket intake designs, especially most short ram designs that provide hot air to your motor and why would you wanna do that?!

Comment

AEM v2 helps the mid range as I recall. It is also a really loud intake. Heard one on an SI driving by. Sounds mean as balls though. Plus the dual chamber would be like a venturi effect I would think.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok here is what u do. u go to auto zone or where ever. get a filter and at auto zone there is this flexible tube that expandes like a bendy straw. then take a 3 and 1/4inch hole saw and expand the hole where the tube came out of ur car and into ur airbox. then reach under the car and remove the dust guard and unbolt that box there and take the tube and push it threw the hole and attach the intake filter under the car. it rests in the bumber. idk how it explain it better lol. i can get pics cuz it cost me $40 and 2 hours to do this(i kept getting phone calls)

Comment

Working...
                              X