Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 ex f22a6 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey man, no guilts or put downs just observations...
    this isn't a thread at all.. this is you talking alot about what you wish to accomplish, thats kewl but what does it do to help others in their progression of our hobby..?
    also is your goal just to make the f22 a monster..? why?
    cost effectiveness shows that hp vs $$ you deffeninately haven't piced the right motor to spruce for such and for the whole N/A f22 it isn't na when you turbo it to 6 lbs of boost.. and that little thing called a turnado that they spent millions of dollars on in hype to attrack little young guns well.. it's gona be sucked down your way over sized tb when a vortex or hurricane of air is pushed through with your turbo you do realize that 6 lbs of boost on a hudge ported intake and such is about 9-10 lbs in a factory intake sytem it's all about cfm's not lbs,, and that much on high compression pistons will allow you to spend $9.00 a gallon for 110 octane because anything less with detonate and blow thos darton sleeves and pistons through your hood. think a little more logically.. you can make huge hp gains without spending so much money on little unneeded iteams such as a rear engine dampener,, come on .. what needs to be considered is what for the $$ can get me the same amount of hp without spending 10 grand on a little duckling. their are millions of equations you can figure out with the f22 h22 h23 f23 their are so many different approches and still be able to run off 93 octane with great idle and daily driver.. we build rides like these all the time,, just got done on my bosses 97 gsx,, puts 512 to the floor and idels like shes puring and runs on 93 octane.. not to discurage but for 400 + hp those dsm injectors are going to fail i personally recomend the rc 1000, with the right tunning they are capable of going higher if needed or lower either.. just don't blow your money on hype man i'd hate to see you get cought in all that. peace out.
    like i said this is just my opinion in what i know.. if your gune hoe then by all means stick to your plan.
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

reply and info for all

first of all you most not read closely i said once before i use the turnado as a restrictor plate and for that sweet sound .
      and ive all ready been told by HONDAFAN81, DV8 that till i install my cam and up the compression these are too big and you say go bigger LOL . you say its not a put down but read your statment.
      and i dont help this hobby read my posts man ive been trying to help people
      plus what do you call the sourcing of info for all to use about installing 4 point seat belt and for participating today heres a nice roll bar and harness bar in one product http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant...ory_Code=AP862
      and yes i may talk alot on this thread but its my thread and by no means have i stated that this was a cheap build by no means
      plus this thread is in the beginer section so its not like im saying my a pro i just know a lot of pros just none of them live in the northwest sucks for me
      you talk about your bosses car what about yours man i mean your stating stuff but its not like your telling me anything usful
      but im not knocking you
      furthermore i choose my parts and bought them way before i even joined cb7tuner or knew of it i knew of hondafan81s build but through people talking about his build like people at honda tech and dave hickman at dh racing.
      people like you lite a fire under my ass and push me further in life so i thank you though you probably know more then me im sure
      and what i mean by na monster is a well tuned f22 mod'd to hell and back so i can reach my goal of 260 hp daily driver a least to the ground from an auto and have 18 mpg or switch to e85 and get 24 mpg but when im done ill meet you at the track

msd update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

before msd i was getting 260mile to the tank with new wires plugs cap and rotor
      after msd and a hell of all of fun driving 360 the the tank didnt believe it was going to go up that much wow is all i can say oh and heres an awesome story im at a red light yesterday and theres a civic an integra and mustang and they all were rev'in their engines so i thought id chime in and since the pulleys and msd it revs so quick the civic droped his jaw over reved and and blow his engine and i didnt even have to race LOL i live for that. no racing and i win LOL the integra guy couldnt stop laughing the mustang guy looked like he'd lived through something like it cause he looked bummed it sounded horrific my heart about stoped when i show all the smoke coming from under his hood
      Last edited by rjsaccord; 05-12-2007, 06:25 PM.
      i went over 88mph and its not even yesterday
      second try 112+ mph havent even gained 5mins
      stupid fluxcopasitor damned DMC parts

my thread
      comin at ya

Comment

Pics?

Pics?
        MY CAR FOR SALE !

Comment

Eddienos

I Got The Same Engine, I Was Plannin To Boost... I Dont Know Yet
          MY CAR FOR SALE !

Comment

pics coming soon still working the deal on the digi cam

front strut bar
            so trying to install the cusco strut bar and found a snag but with time it can be done, heres back info i have abs and ac os i have all those harness on the strut shround you have a few options you can mod the bracket or make a new mounting point with a 90 degree frame bracket you can find and lowe's or walmart or just back the nut off and take the bracket off some models have a little nub of metal that makes it easy to align with the mounting bolt just grind that nub and your golden or get tricky an make a new nab
            with a self taping screw a small one is all you need nothing fance but to make life easy on yourself pre-drill the bracket also the fuse box bolts take them off and scoot the flange under the fuse back and youll be taking corners just a bit faster good luck all
            Last edited by rjsaccord; 05-03-2007, 02:50 PM.

my thread
            comin at ya

Comment

to eddienos

id focus on a mild build up of the engine for n/a and once your car is soild form the top to the ground and if you still feel the need to boost then go turbo but remember the turbo kits with fuel managment/ ecu / turbo / intercooling piping i dont know how much of this you plan to do but the kit alone is like 4500 bucks if you have a 5 speed already save your self a 1000 bucks have a build engine made and with the other grand forify your trans and i bet youll have lots of fun the question is do you want horsepower or speed cuz a turbo will give you nice power figures but wont be as fast as a N/a build cuz of lag but with the right sizing of pipes pistons porting like cam
              a set of lighter pulleys and flywheel and so on and so forth
              just to make sure you have minimal lag though ive seen some badass turbos setups that had hardly any lag so it can be done but with the same cash you could have fix up your car to a new like condition and 200 plus wheel horsepower but remember that with a f22a6 or you could swap an h22 and start with 190hp but more like 150 to the ground which is not shabby but everyone has an h22
              i like the f22 cuz its like the small block of the the cb7 gens being able to beat bigger engined cars hurts their pride :evi: though i will be corrected that the real small block is the a20 from the 87 88 89 accord since its only a 2.0l but if your looking for cheap fun with little effort n2o is your best bet i dont know your money stats so hard to lead you in the right diretion but with everyone here on this forum can give you some good info but read and search first as everyone tells me
              Last edited by rjsaccord; 04-30-2007, 06:38 PM.

my thread
              comin at ya

Comment

so i was looking at my dirty car and

like i said in the title thinking how am i going to install my carbon hood by myself when i realized something im still using my 2 1/4 turbo dynomax mufflers with the fake forked tail pipe and couldnt cope an other day with that raspy wanbe sounding muffler though it gave the car a stealth shity way about her LOL so i just got in the ride headed to my trusty stock car racing muffler shop cuz them boys only know one word, and god help that you know the holy word, FASTER! and the shop is full of grins and sparks and of course me waitin in the side lines though i get to pass the welder and muffler jack you know the usual shit and then being told by the 80th person today keep it under a 100 i swear my dad says it my girl says it my uncle says it and i havent gone of 70 in 2 years sucks to be me all cuz of this NEW MUFFLER DTM STAINLESS STEEL wont say what brand but its deeper then most ive heard like MAGNAFLOW GREDDY and the twin loop one i just might crab my buddys digi cam so i can update this damn thing already with color shiney things MINE jk i play well with others thats what the voices tell me

but they usually say buy more parts goooo faster faster!!!!! i keep having the same nightmare the one when my car runs out of GASSSSSS NOOOOOOOOO

had a tl 3.5 all nancy to race so ive made up a new game convince people to want to rice rev once then go turtle slow oh yea seeing them get a ticket is hilarous rotflmao but you have to find the right mark thats not looking ahead to see a plain as day cop right in front of them its risky if the other guy caughts on but for godsake do it in a none crowded area its so funny oh god i think i broke a rib
                Last edited by rjsaccord; 06-01-2007, 06:13 PM.

my thread
                comin at ya

Comment

inlinefour.com the got spoon and mugnen i have them on my accord, very sweet
                  T.DZL

Comment

piping

i got the same thing for my accord custom 2.25 piping. EHHHH we were wrong, if anything 2.5 and thats all the way baby, air flow less restrcited too big is too bad to small is bad too 2.25 is gettin by, im guessin ur muffler restricted anything bigger? wat kind of mufler u got, are u more of going drag or top end? 4-1 header for drag with a high flow cat, NOT TEST PIPE! doesnt freakin increase shit, dynoed one too many times, bigger piping man im tellin u specially since ur turning ur beauty into one huge piece of sexy beastage. im not tryn to be smart or anything jus passin on the experiences of tryn to make it quick oh and get a resonator too FU$K the tickets and warnings no res or cat is jus for more sound, unless u dont mind that
                    T.DZL

Comment

dzl_yet i got the same thing for my accord custom 2.25 piping. EHHHH we were wrong, if anything 2.5 and thats all the way baby, air flow less restrcited too big is too bad to small is bad too 2.25 is gettin by, im guessin ur muffler restricted anything bigger? wat kind of mufler u got, are u more of going drag or top end? 4-1 header for drag with a high flow cat, NOT TEST PIPE! doesnt freakin increase shit, dynoed one too many times, bigger piping man im tellin u specially since ur turning ur beauty into one huge piece of sexy beastage. im not tryn to be smart or anything jus passin on the experiences of tryn to make it quick oh and get a resonator too FU$K the tickets and warnings no res or cat is jus for more sound, unless u dont mind that

well i do have a resonator already did it when i first put this 2 1/4 exhaust its a 15in 2 1/4 but im thinking of adding a 22inch to the mix but i dont think i need the 2.5inch exhaust till i put my h23 intake manifold and 75mm throttle body i already have received the TB but i should be getting that sexy port and polished and match ported to the TB MANI should be getting it this this weekend no later then monday but damn that so far away when you have no will power for adding more power LOL
                      but when i add the cam and h23 mani i will which to the bigger size i cant really remember the name of the muffler off hand be to busy looking at the shinyness before with the funky Dynamax muffler sucked so bad i know it was 2 1/4 inlet and outlet but one out let with a split fork spatter much LOL
                      now i sound like i have a sexy can, but with out the spatter most have, pissin people off in parking lots setting off so many alarms in just idle LOL i love it

But what do you mean you have spoon and mugen i think is what you meant but what kind of parts im looking for those socks they have for the master cyl and the abs resovour if you know can you help a brother out love to see pics of your ride please feel free to chat and check back soon still working hard on this car and

side note i might be working for horsepowerfreaks soon i know my friends work there but damn my old plumbing union and this but me making urethane filled mounts for people im going to have no life or time LOL
                      but i guess i can rest when i die
                      Last edited by rjsaccord; 06-05-2007, 10:17 AM.

my thread
                      comin at ya

Comment

Two real quick pieces of advice

1. Whenever you can, edit your previous post instead of posting 5-6 times in a row after yourself.

2. Lots and Lots of Pictures

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

well folks i got off my ass today and installed the front cusco strut bar with some mods of course first i got lazy and just un clips the harness and moved them over and zip tied them down as far as the strut bar goes im pissed cuz i had to cut a 1/2 inch V in the strut mounting arm to the flange ill probably add 1/4 steel hanging rod weld that on to get it its full strength the only reason i even had to do it is cuz my car is an auto and with abs means youll scream bitch and then go
                          I KNOW GRINDER lol i love sparks i swear since i bought that damned dremel i find things i want to fix whats wrong with me buzzzzzzz
                          and also installed my new VIS carbon hood its so sweet but im really going to have to install the hood pins i wish some one had pics on what to do for our 93 cb7 though ive read and been told its pretty easy just mask tape the area your going to drill and drill in reverse so not to lift the layers of carbon some im really nervous about doing that part myself i have three buddys around here and we've all reached the point of having to install them but damn it its soo new and shiny i dont want to just start cutting into it
                          though thats exactly what i did to the strut bar so go figure
                          its just the hood cost way more then the strut bar

update 5/2
                          dont use a drill in reverse its just going to walk on you and mess things up trippaly i was practicing on plastic bits and it sucks found a better way on my own if you use a sharp point grinding bit go on a slow setting on your dremel cordless and practice on some plastic bits and tell me what you guys think of this sweet trick now i have to moster the courage to do it to my carbon hood LOL

Cool ecu update
                          so i was thinking it over about my greddy management and with install and tuning its going to be a GRAND easy but for 400 bucks installed i can go with chrome for now and get better gas mileage since its reached 3.55 here for 92gas
                          ouch is right so ill let the greddy collect dust for now though i will us it but i might just buy an other cb7 my wife has fallen in love with mine LOL she hates her moms thunderbird 6cyl and saturn dohc inline 4 LOL which im always having to look at
                          but back to the topic at hand how many of you are running chrome PROS AND CONS PLEASE ive done research but i rather hear it here this place feels like home

Cool h23 manifold update
                          talked with dave hickman over at dhracing last night thanks to the cb7 gods for having him call me too double check the mani's port match size he all most did it for 70 instead of 72mm but man he's fast itll be shipped out this Thursday or Friday cant wait to see this bad boy now i really have to kick my ass in the high gear and get a digi cam so i can give you fine folks progress pics
                          wife wants the digi cam now too LOL
                          HINT whatever you like in life find ways to show your wife how kewl they are and she'll get oily with you. working on a car with your spouse or girlfriend rocks if their into it and if the girl would rather buy a cam for your car then to ask for jems and such marry her you wont regret it plus then she'll let you mess with her car mandatory requirement

head suggestion
                          what do you people think i should go with stage 2 or stage 3 head from dhracing

5/1
                          well went to install the stock windshield squirter's today and found they don't fit a VIS hood so i went to autozone picked up some white led squirter's and all in good in the world again
                          Last edited by rjsaccord; 05-04-2007, 12:30 PM.

my thread
                          comin at ya

Comment

Fts

damn it im done im not asking not one more person what there opinion is or advice im sick of the BS and everyones jaded attitudes lately it must be everyone is busy trying to get ready for summer but whatever im not lasy never been. ive been working a real job since i was 10 years old and im reaching 30 now ill post updates but dont ask questions if i cant ask dont ask me

next day update

Oh My God why didnt i just say im taking my ball home

im soooooooooooooooo sorry folks must have been pmsing biggg time last night. home desktop computer motherboard decide to take a leap
                            and then some one snaped at me last night and i guess i needed a cookie or something

i really didnt mean that i bow before your mercy

must be the the stress of trying to build a car one hand no joke and im getting married soon i dont know what it is but ive seen people freak near marriage time its not like i have cold feet its the frickin COSTS man and im paying for it all
                            i went from 20 grand to 1600 bucks LOL car plus wife plus new apartment = stress
                            Last edited by rjsaccord; 05-12-2007, 09:39 PM.

my thread
                            comin at ya

Comment

Not trying to mess with you but was this thread a way you to get post? Cause like everytime someone post you post 2 or 3 times.

But other than that hope you reach your goal

This Car Is Killin Me Softly
                              In This World Killin Me....Softly.........lol

F20a Funds: $0.65
                              Need : $500.00

Comment

i know your not messing with me i just like keeping up to date im a stickler when it comes to following through.
                                thats why i moved out on my own when i was 16. what can i say i couldnt stand the way my parent would steal shit from me LOL money mostly like 5600 bucks i dont care if your god if you steal from me your out of my life big time you know what i mean plus high school and living on your own rules and when you have friend like Ricky and Tommy primo from primo graphics yes the ones on tv they were my neighbors for the longest time when i was in jr high tommy would drive me to school in his 1954 chevy pick up with oak wood panel bed two
                                15s in the front trans hump in the cabin can you say LOUD 3inch exhaust and an engine that wouldnt quit scary truck everyone at school hated me for it but the stupid thing is i didnt even know that they were famous or anything they were just my grease monkey friends that id bug to fill my bike tires and take me to tae kwon do class back when i thought id like to go to the Olympics i know but i was 11 years old
                                Last edited by rjsaccord; 05-04-2007, 12:50 PM.

my thread
                                comin at ya

Comment

Working...
                                X