Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H23 dizzy on H22A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23 dizzy on H22A

Ok i tried searching and found two different answers. I want to know if the H23 external dizzy will run fine with my H22a. I currently have it on and its sputtering throughout the power range until vtec. I have a 92 accord lx already set up for external. Im just trying to figure out if the non vtec external dizzy will run fine on my h22a thats supposed to be setup for internal. This is really causing me a headache just trying to drive it normal and having the car jumping like its misfiring. Please Help!!!!

your h22a dizzy is wired for external already? If so then it should work. I ran a h22a dizzy on my f20a dohc

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

No the h22a dizzy is setup for internal coil. Since my cars wiring was setup for external i wanted to keep it that way so i used my old h23a dizzy since it was external coil. But was just wondering if it should run perfectly fine with no hesitation like im having. And i don't know if there is a difference between non vtec and vtec dizzys???? And if it would affect the way the car runs.

Comment

I am running an h23 dizzy on my h22a. No problems so far. Anyway you replace anything in it and such? What ECU are you runnin.
        Last edited by NAiL05; 04-16-2007, 10:48 AM.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

u throwin a cel? checked ur coil and wires?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            I am running an h23 dizzy on my h22a. No problems so far. Anyway you replace anything in it and such? What ECU are you runnin.
            Well i changed the plugs and was going to use my plug wires off my accord since they were aftermarket but obviously that don't work. But other then that thats all that has been changed besides cap and rotor about 3 months ago before i pulled the h23. And im running P13.

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
            u throwin a cel? checked ur coil and wires?
            No codes and didn't check the coil. The wires are the ones that came on the h22. But the coil should be fine cause i ran the same one on my f22, h23 and it ran fine. Now its on the h22.

Comment

In new to hondas and motors in general, i used bulid mini trucks, anyways i was wondering could anybody tell me what is a dizzy??? Sounds like a type of acid tabs !! J/K he jeh

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_starter
                In new to hondas and motors in general, i used bulid mini trucks, anyways i was wondering could anybody tell me what is a dizzy??? Sounds like a type of acid tabs !! J/K he jeh
                dizzy is a distributor
                Members Ride

Comment

You can get a local shop to test your coil. Maybe check out the ignitor. If you still have your old accord one you can swap it into the H23 one if you know it works.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I will have to get the coil checked and i know the f22 one works cause its brand new. But i somewhat fixed the problem. I advanced the timing and it got rid of my lowend sputter but there is still a little there. I will just start with one thing and move to the other. Thanks for your guys help.

Comment

Hmm is your timing on point?

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

sounds like a timing issue.

**Also FYI: the 1992-1995 prelude SI (H23 NON VTEC) distributor is the same exact one thats on the 1993-1995 prelude SI VTEC (H22a1) engines.**

there is no difference between the two. so YES you should be able to use a H23 distributor and have NO strange issues with it on an H22, that is unless of course its a bad dizzy.
                        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

I'm glad i came accross this thread. My H22a came with the distributor wires cut with no harness. My friend has an h23 dizzy, so i am gonna get it now. Free. Can't beat that!

Comment

i converted a h23 distributor to internal coil for my h23 headswap.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by rollinjoy
                              I'm glad i came accross this thread. My H22a came with the distributor wires cut with no harness. My friend has an h23 dizzy, so i am gonna get it now. Free. Can't beat that!
                              im glad it did you some use.

Originally posted by wed3k
                              i converted a h23 distributor to internal coil for my h23 headswap.
                              i think i am about to do this on my h23 dizzy. I don't plan on having a blaster coil or anything on mine so i might as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X