Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Just a little muffler question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little muffler question.

If i am adding a new muffler do i need to change my stock piping? and what diameter is the stock piping? Thank you.

No, you don't have to change your stock piping if you dont want to, but youll need some reducers or something to make the muffler fit maybe, depending on the inlet size.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the stock piping is 1 7/8" diameter.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

the inlet on the muffler I was considering is like 2". I;m sure they probably have pipes that could make that work. I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Comment

No problem.

What kind of muffler is it?
        A full catback would be much better
        Can you post a pic of the muffler?

Comment

Its a Flowmaster 60 Series Delta Flow

Comment

Huh. Well if you are doing it for looks, a muffler will work. But if you are doing it for performance, a full catback would be much better. There are TONS of catback options.
            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Thanks i'll look into that. But do you have any inexpensive suggestions?

Comment

Any good bolt-on catback that I know of is going to cost you at least about 400 bucks.

Dynomax DNX catback will run around 400
                RSR Ex-Mag is around 600
                Apexi Ws2 is about 550-600
                Theres a pretty good Thermal brand catback for our cars, I'm not too sure on that price, i believe around 600

There are alot more options, but it depends on what you want out of your exhaust, like performance, appearance, sound or if you don't care and just want something cheap, or if you want looks, performance, and sound.

If your wanting to get a decent full catback with new, larger piping and new muffler and tip, then your looking in the ballpark of 500(give or take 100) lol

You could also have custom made piping, with the muffler of your choice added on. I've heard that route is cheaper depending on where you get it done at, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Thanks alot.

Comment

You can make your own custom exhaust if you know how to use a gas welder, if not you could learn in a week and you can by pre cnc bends at gi joes...

Comment

a nice used one ftw.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wnt_2b_boosted
                        You can make your own custom exhaust if you know how to use a gas welder, if not you could learn in a week
                        I wish i could but I live on campus and i don't have a real work space. Could i just buy all the pieces and take it to a muffler shop or something like that? Would it be cheaper than buying the Cat-back system?

Comment

i had my muffler welded on by midas for about 90 bucks. muffler only - it had a 2.25" inlet. it was simple
                          with any straight through muffler, i'd upgrade the stock resonator, it might already have a rust/hole in it... (mines does! hehe)
                          2.25"-2.5" is perfect for our motors unless you are turbo or pushing huge N/A power

edit: spell check

Be Clean

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz
                            i had my muffler welded on by midas for about 90 bucks. muffler only - it had a 2.25" inlet. it was simple
                            with any straight through muffler, i'd upgrade the stock resonator, it might already have a rust/hole in it... (mines does! hehe)
                            2.25"-2.5" is perfect for our motors unless you are turbo or pushing huge N/A power
                            This is what i wanted to do I just want to know does it sound good? Is there any change in performance?

Comment

Working...
                            X