Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the difference?

Today I picked up a nice blue cone filter for my car and put it in, in the parking lot outside the store. I cost me 30 bucks and took about 10 minutes to install.
    What is the actual difference performance wise to what I have done and buying an actual Cold Air Intake System and having it installed?

cold air system moves the filter element outside the engine bay. hence "cold air".
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

the car performs better at wide open throttle....

The engine can aspire better because of the new filter you put on. When an engine can breathe better, it runs better. But, to get full advantage, I suggest you but the short ram part too... its an upgraded pipe to go from the filter to the manifold, and eliminates the air box.. Almost everyone has a short ram intake or a cold air intake.. So you're well on your way..

Welcome to CB7 tuner

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby
        the car performs better at wide open throttle....

The engine can aspire better because of the new filter you put on. When an engine can breathe better, it runs better. But, to get full advantage, I suggest you but the short ram part too... its an upgraded pipe to go from the filter to the manifold, and eliminates the air box.. Almost everyone has a short ram intake or a cold air intake.. So you're well on your way..

Welcome to CB7 tuner
        Does the pipe truly make a difference though when it comes down to performance at all? I know it looks a lot nicer to have that pipe there. But whats the real difference between the fancy pipe and the stock one besides what its made of? Is there one?

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison
          Does the pipe truly make a difference though when it comes down to performance at all? I know it looks a lot nicer to have that pipe there. But whats the real difference between the fancy pipe and the stock one besides what its made of? Is there one?
          theres been the argument of the ripples in the factory tubing disrupting air flow over the smoothness of the short ram. but then the short ram is usually made of some sort of metal and more prone to heat so its an ongoing battle

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
            theres been the argument of the ripples in the factory tubing disrupting air flow over the smoothness of the short ram. but then the short ram is usually made of some sort of metal and more prone to heat so its an ongoing battle
            Thanks man. I wont worry about that anymore. Before I do anything else I need to stop my oil leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
              thats a good statement, just do what i did, i wrapped my CAI with Heatwrap...keeps the cold air in and keeps the hot air, in the engine bay, from heatin up the piping.
              Last edited by cali-racer; 04-12-2007, 09:07 PM.
              Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
              -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Working...
              X