Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

More Horsepower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Horsepower

What Upgrades Do I Need To Get For Cb7 To Be Hella Fast...just Did H22 Swap...jdm H22a With M2b4 Tranny,and Exedy Clutch Stage 2 And Act Streetlite Flywheel...should I Go Turbo Or All Motor???

u could get more HP with turbo only if fully built!
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

How You Built It To Run Turbo What Do Have To Do?

Comment

you dont HAVE to turbo it(trust me, its A HELL OF A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE TO DO)

stay NA, you already have a JDM motor and tranny, and i beileve that the jdm h22 tranny is factory lsd' capable so your already on the right road....do a search for h22 engine owners here and find out what you can do NA-wise

a TUNED NA setup on a h22 can be a monster, if not more than, a turbo'd car

dont know your budget, but:
        port n polish head
        a GOOD header
        exhaust(2.5in)
        built bottom end
        stiffer valve springs(for revving that monster and a valve doesnt drop out )
        lighten up the valve assembly
        bigger throttle body
        good intake system
        and most of all...keep your weight down, put your car on a diet
        "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

whats a good manifold?

Comment

ITB's (individual Throttle Body's) if goin NA....if u put ur car on a diet like he said then just go NA if not then turbo will make up for the weight.
            Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
            -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

I would personally go NA. I want that setup eventually, turbo's have more variables that could go wrong, less reliability and engine life. I also like the fact that it's not turbo, b/c that's what a lot of people expect that aren't on this site, everyone is just like throw a turbo in there. It would be cool to beat those turbo guys with all motor. But that's just me. Turbo can be great too, with a good tune and a lot of research you can make a reliable turbo, so it's just what you want. IMO NA>Boost.

Yeah, ITB's are sick, my neighbor has 'em on his b18. If you've got the money, do the build.
              Last edited by ilovemycb7; 04-11-2007, 11:33 PM. Reason: Didn't make sense
              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Am2PoiNt2
                whats a good manifold?
                do you mean exhaust or intake
                if intake, then ITB.......exhaust, you need to get the best flowing header you can, but it will cost you......
                "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by cali-racer
                  u could get more HP with turbo only if fully built!
                  Wrong...you can still get some really good power from a stock h22a turbo build up, just make sure you have a good tuner. If you want a more reliable block for a turbo setup without having to re-sleeve and spending a lot of money you can get some Mahle Gold Series pistons which are compatible with the FRM sleeves that the h22 has.

Or you can spray a 75 shot of nitrous

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

ithe h22 was sleevless i thought

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

get some APEX'i safc and vtec controller

Comment

answer these questions and i will tell you exactly what to do

1. how much money do you have?

2. do you have another car?

3. what are you driving habits like?

4. what do you plan on doing for the car? (track or street)

5. is this your daily driver?

6. are you crazy like a retard on a motorcycle?

7. whats your favorite part about the freeway on ramps?

8. do you like nascar or F1?
                        I need NOS... give me one of these... make it 2... oh and hairy... i need it by tonight!

Comment

great questions, I know I wasn't the one asking but I also have a jdm h22a with lsd. One thing you can do is nos. quick and cheap and sort of reliable.

As for me:

1. about 2k
                          2. no
                          3. 20min back and forth to work then around town makin
                          4. street and maybe autocross
                          5. yes
                          6. i was till I crashed
                          7. its the only place I can hit vtec in 3rd gear without doing like 30 over
                          8. neither, wrc or d1 are sick
                          My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by djcb
                            7. its the only place I can hit vtec in 3rd gear without doing like 30 over

best answer ever!!!!!
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

WHaT IBS???

Comment

Working...
                              X