Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trying to pin my IAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to pin my IAB

How do find which one is pin A19 on the ecu harness .I'm trying hook my IAB. Somebody help me out...

I think you actually need to be looking for pin A17

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5423

Use this as a guide, its for integras

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

maybe he asking another IAB.
      Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

Only one IAB I know of...

Comment

haha yep pin a17, then just run the other wire to a 12v ignition source.
          My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

For h22 in accord is the same thing as integra pins????

Comment

So A17 for pining my iab then so one of the wires i gotta run to a power line and the other wire to pin a17 right...

Comment

I thought it was pinA18

Comment

All OBD1 ecu are basically the same pinout. And just follow that diagram for IAB.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Ok people, people, please listen. This IAB business is seriously getting out of hand. Like stated before by other users there is a black box beneath the manifold that contains a 2 pin connector which activates the vaccum for the butterflies. One wire connects to PIN A17 of either a PT6 or P13 ECU and the other must be connected to a 12V power supply such as the distributors black/yellow wire. If you wired it up correctly the butterlies should be open when the car if off. They will close(because of vaccum) when the key is in the II position and they will open again at around ~4700 RPM from the signal being sent by the ecu. Again, please read before asking questions. If you need more clarification there threads about this believe me because I have personally learned from them.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

They close when vacuum is present, which is when the engine is running. I think that's what you meant.

Now you know how it feels to answer a question that's been asked many times before.

Soon you will be called an asshole for telling people to search instead of just telling them directly

Comment

uhhh, the butterflies are open at idle and they close around 5,500 rpm with a p13 ecu.
                        My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                          They close when vacuum is present, which is when the engine is running. I think that's what you meant.

Now you know how it feels to answer a question that's been asked many times before.

Soon you will be called an asshole for telling people to search instead of just telling them directly
                          I should clarify that I have mine wired to a 12V ignition source so when the key is in II position the butterflies shut and when I turn the engine on nothing happens until I hit the rpm range.

Yeah I hear what you're saying, but since this is beginner forum I tend to not mind. I just don't like to see three different posts all related to the same thing in a short amount of time.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
                            uhhh, the butterflies are open at idle and they close around 5,500 rpm with a p13 ecu.
                            The rpm range might be different for p13 but I still don't understand your logic. How is the butterfly operation any different from a pt6 other than the rpm at which the butterflies open and vacuum disengages?

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
                              No. The butterflies are closed at idle. They open at whatever rpm vtec engages...You can even do this take off the vacuum source the IAB will stay open put it back on it will close unless WOT. Why would honda decrease the airflow going into the cylinders when you got the pedal to the floor.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X