Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Quick Clutch Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Clutch Question

As I push in my clutch there's a squeaking noise, just even when the motor is off. Kind of like somethings rusted or so. Is there anyway to fix this? Nothing really big, just kind of annoying.

Also, in first gear sometimes when I shift slowly, I can hear a screatching sound. Could this be a sign that my first gears messed up or burnt out? I know I'm shifting right, just sometimes when I'm in traffic and gas a little and let the clutch out it'll sound out a rather loud screech/scratching noise.

ANND, how can I lower my antenna? I never use my radio and I can't figure out how to lower it back down.
    pushin` a 1990 Honda Accord EX; Green; 4-Door

Scratching sound? Sounds like a throwout bearing slowly goin out to me but can you be a lil more specific. As for the squeaking is it coming from the trans area or around the pedal.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Myne Does That too... is That Arm That Comes out of The Trans Sopose to Move Around Easy. I can Move it up and down with my hand???
      "Black92Accord's NEW Acura TSX"

W/ Navi But Auto
      -----------------------------
      SOLD
      1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr. With a 5speed Manual Trans, Black Exterior with Black/Tan Interior
      SOLD

Comment

Mine has that squeaking sound when pushing the clutch pedal in, never looked into it, no problems for the 42k miles since I bought the car.

I also hear the sound of a rough bearing (throwout bearing I assume, but maybe input bearing) when idling in neutral, clutch pedal out. Again, no problems after 42k miles.

Mine also makes a whining/whirring sound thats especially noticeable when decelerating in first. Is that what you're describing?
        Or maybe you could be slightly grinding 1st if you're trying to shift from 2nd while moving more than a few MPH, as it can be difficult (seems to be designed that way).
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by emery
          As I push in my clutch there's a squeaking noise, just even when the motor is off. Kind of like somethings rusted or so. Is there anyway to fix this? Nothing really big, just kind of annoying.

Also, in first gear sometimes when I shift slowly, I can hear a screatching sound. Could this be a sign that my first gears messed up or burnt out? I know I'm shifting right, just sometimes when I'm in traffic and gas a little and let the clutch out it'll sound out a rather loud screech/scratching noise.

ANND, how can I lower my antenna? I never use my radio and I can't figure out how to lower it back down.
          For the antenna did you ever think of turning your radio off. Or just push the antenna down manually.

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Comment

Originally posted by emery
            Lube the pivot points under the dash.
            2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
            Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
            1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

my clutch pedal squeaks now and then all i do is spray wd40 on the clutch pedal spring and its gone
              ACCORDEX92
              CHICAGO,IL

H22A ACCORD

Comment

It could also be a sign of a failing clutch master cylinder. While you're lubing the under-dash pivot points, look for signs of leakage.

Comment

as for the antenna .. pushing it down manually may not work.. on my CB7 it doesnt work like that lol.. i'm gonna just replace it..

as for the aqueeking sounds.. i had that onmy other car ... Solara.. for about 2 yrs and 60k mi n never did anything it would go away n come back every now n then.. sumthing neesd to be lubed but nots ure what.. maybe the clutch fork??

throw out bearings usually make a sound when u let off the clutch n thecar is idling.. other than that it usually goes away when the clutch is depressed or if the rpms are higher
                  93 LX CB7 in Beige...Auto...
                  98 Lexus GS4

Comment

Working...
                  X