Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a6 Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capman86
    how do you tell if you have an h23 mani or f22a6?
    is it really better for turbo to take out the runners?
    In that case if turbo would there be a difference still if you were to use to f22a4,1 mani?
    I mean why buy the f22a6 or h23 mani if it's the same as f22a4,1 when taking out the runners
    however the mani I have does seem to have alot larger head before the runners that lead up to the head

if you had a turbo then deleting the butterfly valves would be a good idea. but if you dont have alot done to your motor or at LEAST nitrous then doing that would be kind of pointless IMO.

the h23 and f22a6 IM are NOT the same as the a1 and a4 IM. having the extra 4 runners increases airflow so you can get more HP. the a1 and a4 IM only have 4 runners. the h23 and a6 IM have 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
      the h23 and f22a6 IM are NOT the same as the a1 and a4 IM. having the extra 4 runners increases airflow so you can get more HP. the a1 and a4 IM only have 4 runners. the h23 and a6 IM have 8.
      Absolutely correct and the h23 manifold is bigger than the A6

Originally posted by capman86
      Don’t be an idiot just read it not that hard
      I imagine you don’t use aim or anything cuz im not sure you would understand people's online jargon being how you can’t even separate a few fragmented sentences
      Before you tell somebody an idiot, make sure you're not an idiot yourself. People here use proper grammar. So make use of it like everybody does!

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
        Before you tell somebody an idiot, make sure you're not an idiot yourself. People here use proper grammar. So make use of it like everybody does!

wel not eveyone. i know i dont sometimes....i think.....

oh well.

anyways. yeah. what we both said about the IM is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
          wel not eveyone. i know i dont sometimes....i think.....

oh well.

anyways. yeah. what we both said about the IM is true.
          yes I know , and I do as well lol.. But the insult should never said , that's what I meant. Ehh , sometimes it leads to flame wars. LOL!

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
            yes I know , and I do as well lol.. But the insult should never said , that's what I meant. Ehh , sometimes it leads to flame wars. LOL!

true. but its over now. anyways. lol

if you need more help man, dont hesitate to ask.

Comment

hahaha ...im just laughing while reading these posts...but thx guys for the knowledge...by wire tying the IAB open the car is crazy fast... ...well...just faster than wat is was...but im definitely gonna fix that problem...its amazing how when u dont think theres something wrong with ur car and u turn around and find that there is something wrong with ur car ...it goes to show that the CEL doesnt come on for everything...
              A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

How can you tell if the IAB is opening or not?
                Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                  you can here the iab open because the car gets deepper in sound and it pulls a little bit harder

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Comment

Hmm, I don't know if I want to mess around at 5k in such an old car though... I guess I will sometime and see if I can feel any change. Or hear anything...

Comment

Unplug it it will stay open. They usually open around 4000 rpm.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                        when rev up the car...but not with the peddle, but with throttlebody(i cant think of the name of that lil lever), as soon as u rev past 5k rpm...u should see the lever that is connected to the diaphram(on other side of manifold) being pulled to open the internal butterflies in the manifold...but the diaphram on my car is not pulling the lever at high RPMs...therefore, theres a problem...

Comment

what vacumm sorce can you hook it up to? other than the IAB box i mean.

i have a nipple on the short ram intake i have on that isnt being used(when i ordered it from ebay they didnt send me that tube that runs from the intake to the valve cover. i just put a mini filter on the valve cover.) can i hook it up to that? or is there something else?

Comment

Yeah, so I've taken mine up a few times and I don't feel any difference over 5k. Maybe it's me expecting more, but I need to look into this.

Comment

I read in one of the referenced posts that someone made the iab's stay closed by hooking them to a vacuum source (presumably the intake manifold). Does this mean that if the vehicle was turbo'd and the iab's were still vacuum referenced that the iab's would open under boost? Anyone know? Because that would be an easy way to have the iab's open at a certain rpm when using a different than stock ecu (like a p06 for a swap into a civic ) If that worked then it would still allow the secondary runners to be closed under part throttle and keep some of that low end torque
                              Last edited by EGgyLShatch; 04-10-2007, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EGgyLShatch
                                I read in one of the referenced posts that someone made the iab's stay closed by hooking them to a vacuum source (presumably the intake manifold). Does this mean that if the vehicle was turbo'd and the iab's were still vacuum referenced that the iab's would open under boost? Anyone know? Because that would be an easy way to have the iab's open at a certain rpm when using a different than stock ecu (like a p06 for a swap into a civic ) If that worked then it would still allow the secondary runners to be closed under part throttle and keep some of that low end torque
                                i would think so because all that boost pressure would cause the butterflies to open up when present...but idunno...but it sounds good...

Comment

Working...
                                X