Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1990 to 1993 Accord engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cp[mike]
    any F22, H23, H22 motor (out of mid 90's accords and preludes) will bolt into the 90-93 accord engine bay.

all of the blocks and trannies shared the same accessory and mount bolt points, so youll just be swapping the block, head and tranny in, and youll use all of the accessories/wiring/mounts/etc from the original motor.

just make sure you get the proper engine computer to match the engine you get, if its anything different than the F22A 90-93 motor.

any other questions beyond that, we have many guides and threads explaining how to do specific swaps, but well be here to help with any specific questions.
    How would you know if you have the proper engine computer?
    92' Honda Accord F22A1
    01' Buick Park Ave 3800 Supercharged

Comment

The ECU is located in the kick panel of the passenger side. There is a label on the side of the actual unit. Our accords have either a pt3 or pt6 ecu depending on the trim you have. If you have an f22a6 motor then you should have a pt6 ecu.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Alright, another small block Chevrolet guy! We're pretty much kinda like a cult here in the Honda world. Anyway...

To answer your question about the cam...obviously the motor was starved of oil. Either it no oil in it to begin with, the oil was too slugged up to circulate properlly, or the balance shaft oil seal popped out. Whatever the case may be, the engine is wasted. And yes, these are interference engines. If the timing belt or the cam itself breaks, you can bet you'll have some bent valves on your hands.

Best thing to do is swap in a new motor. Like everyone else has already stated, any F22A, F22B, H22A, or H23A engine will fit. But the easiest swap will be to throw in another F22A6.
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

ECU and TCU....is it the same?
          92' Honda Accord F22A1
          01' Buick Park Ave 3800 Supercharged

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to all that have spent the time and replied. I just need to make up my mind and decide which direction I want to go. Sounds like getting a hold of a Prelude my be the way to go. I would lust need to a 1990-1999 Prelude right?

Thanks again, you guys rock

Comment

turbo f series would be more fun then an H22...
              I need NOS... give me one of these... make it 2... oh and hairy... i need it by tonight!

Comment

i would luv an H22 motor, but i gotta say that a turbo F22a motor would be fun to play with...but u better build that block first before slapping any turbo on it...or u could just slap on that turbo and just hope and pray that u dont blow that motor....

turbo'ing an unbuilt motor is like gambling...1st u set the turbo about 6psi, cuz its a new experience and ur scared...so u bet small...it works and all, therefore, u get alil confident and cocky...2nd u set the turbo about 8psi, cuz u think, "hey its just two extra lbs."....that may work(which wont last long) or may not work, depending on the condition of ur motor b4 u slapped that turbo on...but lets say that it does work and ur happy about the extra horsepower...but then...u get greedy(ie. gambling)...u see kats out there pushin' like 10-15lbs. easy...and u only pushin' like lil ol' 8lbs...3rd and finally ur dumbass sets that turbo about 10-12lbs....then u take a lil test run...oh and u push that btch...about third gear to the redline, u hear a bigass pop...and all u hear is, "puut puut puut""KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!""GRIND! GRIND! GRIND!"!!!...by now...u know u blew ur motor...then somehow u make it back to ur driveway and ur sitting in ur car thinking wat ur gonna do...by this time ur engine should of grew legs and arms...jumped out of the engine bay...opened up ur door and sat in the passager seat...then two seconds later...GIVE U A LEFT HOOK FOR TURBO'ING THAT HIGH(on an unbuilt motor)...
                A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Originally posted by dgould
                  Thanks to all that have spent the time and replied. I just need to make up my mind and decide which direction I want to go. Sounds like getting a hold of a Prelude my be the way to go. I would lust need to a 1990-1999 Prelude right?

Thanks again, you guys rock
                  More like a 94-99...but some 93 preludes have the H22 engine also....
                  A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Originally posted by trcsbrian
                    If you drive an EX then your stock motor is definitely an F22a6. I'm pretty sure the f22a6 has 140hp. I think every single engine listed are the engines that fit with barely any work. But just incase, I'll give you a quick run-down of the most common engines used. F22A, F22B, H22, and H23. I think thats it.

F series:

F22A Stock (A1/A4/A6)
                    F22B SOHC (94-97)
                    F22B SOHC VTEC
                    F22B DOHC ( JDM )
                    F22Z SOHC VTEC ( EDM )
                    F20A SOHC ( replacement )
                    F20A DOHC ( JDM )
                    F20B DOHC VTEC
                    F23A SOHC VTEC

H Series:

H22A
                    H23A DOHC NON VTEC
                    H23A DOHC VTEC ( Rare )

Please be MORE specific with him!

the swappage is endless!

and if you have alot of money and TIME...

you could shoot for the

K series: ( alot of fabrications ) $$$

K20
                    K24

or the J series: ( alot of fabrications ) $$$

J30
                    J32

the possibilities are ENDLESS...money, skill , and time talks!

NOTE: you can also do frankensteins

F22 series block with any H series head!

H23 block with a H22 head!

you just have to SEARCH! like many has already stated....SEARCH!

we will help you with some things..but you will HAVE TO..do research on your own!

SEARCH....SEARCH...SEARCH!

and Welcome aboard!
                    Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 04-08-2007, 07:25 PM.
                    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by jyoungblood87
                      i would luv an H22 motor, but i gotta say that a turbo F22a motor would be fun to play with...but u better build that block first before slapping any turbo on it...or u could just slap on that turbo and just hope and pray that u dont blow that motor....

turbo'ing an unbuilt motor is like gambling...1st u set the turbo about 6psi, cuz its a new experience and ur scared...so u bet small...it works and all, therefore, u get alil confident and cocky...2nd u set the turbo about 8psi, cuz u think, "hey its just two extra lbs."....that may work(which wont last long) or may not work, depending on the condition of ur motor b4 u slapped that turbo on...but lets say that it does work and ur happy about the extra horsepower...but then...u get greedy(ie. gambling)...u see kats out there pushin' like 10-15lbs. easy...and u only pushin' like lil ol' 8lbs...3rd and finally ur dumbass sets that turbo about 10-12lbs....then u take a lil test run...oh and u push that btch...about third gear to the redline, u hear a bigass pop...and all u hear is, "puut puut puut""KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!""GRIND! GRIND! GRIND!"!!!...by now...u know u blew ur motor...then somehow u make it back to ur driveway and ur sitting in ur car thinking wat ur gonna do...by this time ur engine should of grew legs and arms...jumped out of the engine bay...opened up ur door and sat in the passager seat...then two seconds later...GIVE U A LEFT HOOK FOR TURBO'ING THAT HIGH(on an unbuilt motor)...

92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                      My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

My bad on the year listings. After I re-read it I noticed the goof. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X