Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Building the bottom end for turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

axles

Originally posted by d112crzy
    what sort of axles are you going to get?

Just get some axles from the autoparts store. They usually have a lifetime warranty on them. If you ever break one, just go exchange it.

IMO, it's not worth it to buy those aftermarket axles. Plus, I've never really heard of anyone on here breaking the axles. I'm sure they'll break easy, but that's if you just dump it lots of times.

I haven't seen you post up anything about engine management. I hope you know how to break in an engine. You don't want your pistons scarring your cylinder walls.
    My friend knows a dealer that sells oem part to dealerships that i can get brand new axles for $60 a piece and thats no core return...
    A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Originally posted by jyoungblood87
      i still thinking about using ECtune with a P06 ecu that i already have...i know one of the developers of the software cuz we used to work at the same company...but i may get it tuned using something else...
      fuck, if you can get it tuned with eCtune, then by all means do it!

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yea my boi who has a turbo eg is in the process of getting his car tuned with ECtune...so imma see how it turns out...if its good then imma get mines tuned by ECtune....

Comment

Fuck!

the build will have to be put on hold cuz it seems that Autozone doesnt have any Engine assembly lube in stock...they gonna have to order it...but imma have to try *buttfuc*Pepboys...hopefully they can redeem themselves by having it in stock...

Comment

Crankshaft Dropped In

today i went to a small parts store and bought some engine assembly lube, rtv silicon, and threadlocker...

so i installed the main bearings, crankshaft, main bearings bridge and bolts. also the balance shafts are in...imma finish installing them tomorrow...i had to stop cuz it was getting dark and i gotta wake up tomorrow for school...imma take pics of my progress as i go...i wish i had a video camera instead...but owells... i gotta say, so far, building a motor is easy...

Comment

Did you check for clearances or just buy the bearings and slap them on?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

sounds good man pix FTW!!!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                My Ride thread
                Flickr
                And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                All I gotta really say is:
                People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Did you check for clearances or just buy the bearings and slap them on?
                  just bought the bearing and slapped them on...remind you, the motor was balanced with the bearings so clearance isnt an issue... also they are ACL bearing, NOT THE RACE BEARINGS...

Comment

Originally posted by jyoungblood87
                    just bought the bearing and slapped them on...remind you, the motor was balanced with the bearings so clearance isnt an issue... also they are ACL bearing, NOT THE RACE BEARINGS...
                    Should have gotten the race bearings. The regular acl's are the green size in honda oem bearings. I have a set of race bearings but I am thinking now of going to honda oem and do it right.

Comment

may i ask what's so wrong about ACL bearings?

My Ride thread
                      Flickr
                      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

i was told that regular ACL fit in honda motors just fine as if they were OEM...i was also told that the ACL Race bearings were not sized properly and doesnt fit correctly...so stay away from the acl race bearings...just get the regular ACL Bearings or just OEM Bearing...

...but nothing better that OEM...and that goes for just about everything...

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                          Should have gotten the race bearings. The regular acl's are the green size in honda oem bearings. I have a set of race bearings but I am thinking now of going to honda oem and do it right.

the regular ACL bearing that i have fit just fine...but i would worry about the acl race bearing though...i recommend oem or just regular acl bearings...and nothing else...

Comment

cause i remember my friend recommended me to go with aftermarket bearings since size options are a lot simpler and work great....

My Ride thread
                            Flickr

Comment

well if u arent doing any mods for the block...such as oversized crankshaft or something...than just go oem or acl...Bisi runs recommends oem and acl (regular not the race kind)...i PM'ed him about this question a couple of months ago...

Comment

cool cause ACL were part of my plans on the build anyways thnx a lot for clearing things up

My Ride thread
                                Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X