Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Building the bottom end for turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part Pics

the full gasket set:

The H23 Manifold with AEM fuel Rail:

ACT Hevy Duty Clutch Kit:

Turbo Manifold:

Garrett GT32 turbo:

Wiseco Pistons with CAT Rods:

Resurfaced Flywheel, ACL Bearing, ARP Head Studs:
    A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Parts Pics

Just some more random pics:

Comment

damn, how much did you get that turbo for? Can I ask why?

You could have gotten a normal journal bearing turbo, same size and specs as that one for probably a lot cheaper than that.

But good to see you're coming along with your project.

You're having a shop build it? or just them doing the machine work?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

damn, how did ever miss this this is one sick build goin on here any news on what's next?...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

i got the turbo for $700 shipped...i chose the Garrett GT3271 turbo because i came too far just to cheap out at the heart off the build...it like buying a viper with a mustang engine in it...Garrett turbos are reliable, reputable, and perform better than any old cheap ebay turbo...

and the Wiseco pistons and CAT rods i got off of ebay for around $420 shipped and the rods were about $220 shipped...

you can order these piston straight from the wiseco website...i think they were a custom order ($130 a piece)...but there is a list of pistons for every honda motor...

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
              if you have to buy one thing for your bottom end for 600 bux, i say forged pistons and arp headstuds.

great advise but 600 bux wont get you to far dude just save and do it right the first time
              Goo$e Creek stand up!

"SO IM AT IT AGAIN"

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
                damn, how did ever miss this this is one sick build goin on here any news on what's next?...

well since im getting a beater...a 95 lincoln contienental for $300...just has brake fuild coming out of the rear driver wheel area...a $10-20 fix cuz it seems to be just a ripped hose...

im thinking about doing some headwork...im not going to replace the camshaft but im probably going to replace all the internals, port and polish, and valve job...maybe get a spirral mani...i choose a log manifold for now because its good for low end, ie. shortens the lag...for daily driving...but doesnt allow breathing for top end rpms, ie. for the track...that when the tubular manifold comes into place...

for daily driving turbo setup or just daily driving in general, are u always going to rev up to 7000 rpms after every stop light...no not always that why i chose the log style type of manifold for now...but the log style will still work at top rpms but it just wont breathe as good as a tubular mani...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Pinckney
                  great advise but 600 bux wont get you to far dude just save and do it right the first time

yea i can at least say that i have spent around 3500 so far and counting...

Comment

sounds like a good plan, i think you should get a hold of HondaFan81 for the head-work place, if i'm correct it's CHR motorsports or something

there's a guy there that's done extensive work on F22 heads and is pretty well experienced

My Ride thread
                    Flickr
                    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=73363

there you go

My Ride thread
                      Flickr

Comment

sounds like a good plan, i think you should get a hold of HondaFan81 for the head-work place, if i'm correct it's CHR motorsports or something

there's a guy there that's done extensive work on F22 heads and is pretty well experienced

yea thx dude...i good to see more ppl finally checking out this thread cuz for a while it seem like i was just posting to myself and just a handful of others...i keep doing it to keep a record of my progress...but i guess there was really no pics posted...i guess a picture say a thousand words...i thought that i was gonna be a secert build or something...

Comment

thx man...

Comment

Things to Get

i still gotta get:

Wastegate
                            15 lb. Wastegate Spring
                            BOV
                            Charge Pipe
                            Intercoolar
                            H23 Throttle Body
                            AEM Fuel Regulator
                            Axles
                            Oil line kit
                            Turbo gaskets
                            Gauges
                            Tires

Maybe:

Valvetrain internals
                            Headwork

all and all...about another 3 grand...

Comment

what sort of axles are you going to get?

Just get some axles from the autoparts store. They usually have a lifetime warranty on them. If you ever break one, just go exchange it.

IMO, it's not worth it to buy those aftermarket axles. Plus, I've never really heard of anyone on here breaking the axles. I'm sure they'll break easy, but that's if you just dump it lots of times.

I haven't seen you post up anything about engine management. I hope you know how to break in an engine. You don't want your pistons scarring your cylinder walls.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Engine Management

i still thinking about using ECtune with a P06 ecu that i already have...i know one of the developers of the software cuz we used to work at the same company...but i may get it tuned using something else...

Comment

Working...
                                X