Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Building the bottom end for turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jyoungblood87
    dam...deev is laying the knowledge... but 407accord...only take the posts that people put only 70% true...just take wat people are saying as a starting guide...for instances...wat deev just said, (which i can
    agree with MOST of it)...but from wat he said...i will pick up them books and start reading, learning on my own...and then from those books i will read others as well...
    this is just like Fast and Furious( the first one)...when i first saw the movie in my ignorant days...i basically took everything they said and done was true...but now when i watch that movie again...i cant believe all the bullsht that was said and done in the movie...because now im much more knowledgable about cars...(i think)... but its still one of my favorite movies...
    ECLIPSE with a T3/T4 massive TQ steer and he could of blown the welds on the intake.

Comment

yo thanks for reposting that statement of mines...cuz it just make sense ya kno...and everybody can agree with my previous statement...
      A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
        dude you need to chill the fuck out, cus your really pissing me off. i tell people what i know, no time for research. thats what people should do when they want something.

ok, now thats sick.
        Chill out? I'm perfectly chilled and relaxed.

Don't tell people what you "know" unless you're 100% sure it's correct.

People should do their research, I agree. But I'm sure a lot of people are reading this stuff, aka doing research, and you're spreading wrong information. I correct you when you're wrong, which has been more than a few times already.

Speak from personal experience, not hear-say.
        Last edited by d112crzy; 05-21-2007, 09:43 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

God this thread is all over the fucking place

For main bearings, There are quite a few out there.

ACL makes regular bearings and also makes their race bearings. There are calico bearings, and then there is oem honda. If you go with OEM honda you have more choices in sizes than the aftermarket ones.

The ringlands on the stock pistons are the first to go on all the stock motors.

Rod bearings dont just magically fail. Its either you are starving the crank of oil, over reving the engine or incorrectly installed them.

You wont be able to use stock rods with aftermarket pistons unless you send the rods to get machined, Stock rods have pressed fit wrist pins, aftermarket forged rods have a floating pin design.

And as d112 said the t3/t4 turbo comes in MANY MANY different sizes. The saying that a t3/t4 is better is thrown around too loosely here. There are sizes that are comparable to the 14b in size and performance, does that make it better? NO.

Building a bottom end of an engine is not rocket science but it involves alot of research if you want your engine to last more than 500 miles.

Comment

Yeah I was just pointing out that the Mitsubishi was a awd and had TQ steer plus a garrett turbo. . . waaaaaat ? LOL.

Im seriously thinking about placing these comments in my sig but nah its been said so many times and shouldnt be underated.

First hand experience not internet b.s. youve read then suddenly believe someones opinion who played like they pwnd.

yes this threads all over the F@kin place but its some what relevant.

bruno are all after market pistons floating pin ? and does working the rods over to accept floating pins affect drivabilty?

Comment

yeah i agree...i wanted to have some insight on things and options on building my bottom end for turbo...i asked a couple of questions...got some decent replies but then here come some kats with half azz statements and arguements that are on and/or off topic...

but anyways...
              could i use forged rods (w/floating pins) with oem pistons...or do i have to go with forged pistons also...?

Comment

Bump

edit: i did some research but haven't gotten a definite answer...but it thinks its a Nnoooo......

Comment

Forged pistons are more important in a turbo setup than forged rods anyway. It's wise to have both, though.

Rod strength comes more into play when you have a high revving motor.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Forged pistons are more important in a turbo setup than forged rods anyway. It's wise to have both, though.

Rod strength comes more into play when you have a high revving motor.
                    Rod strength and rod Weight comes into major play when having a high revving motor.

Forged rods will not work with oem pistons, stock rods can be addapted to work with aftermaket pistons though.

Comment

would building a block for nitrous be the same as turbo ? like for example since this thread is all over the F------ place. errhm

Evry psi is 'equal' to 10hp only in theroy. at 10 psi thats what 85-120 extra hp.

If you were to spray a 100 shot. motor for motor which one will make more HP and TQ nitrous right ? I mean the air is colder and its helps burn more oxygen although you have to wait for the NA charactitks of the motor to draw in more air.

what kind of pistons again.

Comment

Has anyone ever used a stock head with a turbo setup...but not for long term...just temporarly...n how did the car run...?

Comment

stock head? as in stock valvetrain, unported?

pretty much everyone that's turbo'd has a stock head, and stock engine.

You shouldnt need to do anything to the head if you're not going to rev over the stock rev limit.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Just wanted to share some pics of my pistons, rods, and clutch

Comment

my bearings are coming in this monday...in two weeks imma send my block off to get it cleaned and honed, and balanced the crank...then its building time...

Comment

anybody know where i can get some head studs because the ARP doesnt have a kit for the F-series engine...but could a H-series kit fit on a F-series engine?

Comment

Working...
                                X