Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

noise front left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noise front left

I have a noise when my manual trans is in gear even when clutch is depressed. New trans and boots but still have small leak and noise is louder when driving. Any ideas?

doesnt sound tranny related. could be small, like some random bolt rattled loose and it only makes noise when its in gear and shaking a little more. or 2 things rubbing together because of the car shaking in gear. ive found things like this to be the problem many times.

is this only when you are moving?

give us a little bit more details and maybe we can help u more.

Comment

if noise gets louder when driving then maybe belts, possibly axles
      Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
      -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Does it make this noise when you're not moving? Or if you are moving and press the clutch? And if you are driving with the clutch depressed does it still do it? Under accel or decel?
        R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
        FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
        Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

What does the noise sound like? Is it a clicking noise or a rattle? Could be a problem with a tie rod or ball joint. If it's a clicking noise it could be the tranny or axle.

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Yep let us know what it sounds like sound wise. Probably one of the hardest things to diagnose on the web but you can guess about where its at with a description of a sound. Also your sig is too big.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Sorry about the sig. It makes a clicking noise on passenger side. Louder when in gear even when clutch is depressed and sitting still. Out of gear and clutch depressed no noise while sitting still. Driving noise in accel and decel but when clutch is to the floor and car is coasting out of gear I don't hear it very much at all. Does this help? I hope its not the tranny, it was just put one in 2 months ago. Thanks for any input!

Comment

i think that tranny is boned brother... source another one
                I need NOS... give me one of these... make it 2... oh and hairy... i need it by tonight!

Comment

Got with a friend and lifted it to get a full view on Easter Sunday and its the tranny. Anyone know of a GOOD place to order rebuilt/reconditioned trannys (f22a4 engine)! Obviously where I bought mine sux! Its my fault; I bought it with a lot of other parts at the same time and by the time I put it in the warranty had already ran out! Thanks for all the info guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X