Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Exhaust Work Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Work Question

Hi cb7's

i have a 2.0 sohc motor
    with 4-1 header and the collector pipe is 2.5 inch. now i wanted to get a test pipe or high flow cat. at 2.5 IN and 2" out. with 2" from cat or test pipe back.
    i figured 2" because do to the test pise pr high flow cat the exhaust will b flowin more better. now im also gonna have a RES at 2" in/out and 2.25 aver all dia.

WITH A TEST PIPE OR HIGH FLOW CAT WHICH IS BETTER GAIN IN POWER??
    and bein its a sohc 2.0 i WANT to keep back pressure we need it. so how would i go along with this SETUP i do want 2" pipin tho. AS FAR AS THE TEST PIPE OR HIGH FLOW CAT which 1???
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Just do 2.5" all the way....The restriction is pointless. Read up what backpressure is. That slight increase isnt going to effect it much anyway.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

cb7 exhaust work setup

now i read the forum about backpressure. its about velocity and where you want ur powerband to be.... low mid high.
      u can have 2out3 but never all 3.
      im stickin with2" but b4 anything does any1 know the factory pipin for the cb7??

Comment

like 1.75" if even that....If your so worried just go 2.25" thats the minimum even for the f22a motors. Your just restricting power going from big to small thats all imma say.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
          now i read the forum about backpressure. its about velocity and where you want ur powerband to be.... low mid high.
          u can have 2out3 but never all 3.
          im stickin with2" but b4 anything does any1 know the factory pipin for the cb7??
          Hm....

The backpressure issue seems incorrect.

Choosing the exhaust piping diameter does help with the powerband. You just have to choose which one you want to focus on and get the parts accordingly.

Comment

I'm not sure how it works in the Honda world but a 2.5" inch exhaust on a na seems wrong. IMO I would stay 2.25 all the way.

As for the test pipe and high flow cat- Test pipe is a pipe that replaces the cat, there's nothing to it. "Highflow cat" is different. They have higher flowing cats that have the function of a cat. Then there's the resonators they sell on ebay to past as "high flow cats".

1998 Subaru Legacy L ~current ride~ Decently modified (current project)
            1991 Honda Accord (Traded for 91 turbo Legacy) Slightly modified
            1997 Subaru Legacy GT (T-Boned) Slightly modified
            1993 Suzuki GSX-R 750
            1991 Suzuki GSX-R 750 (wrapped around a pole) faster than stock liter bikes
            1989 Honda CRX (sold for GSXR)
            MANY mods

4Zero1Motorsports.com

4Zero1 Facebook
            Invidia, Walbro, Tein, ARP, AEM, Cometic, Techna-Fit and many, MANY more!

Comment

cb7 exhaust

if u was to read the backpressure "myth" its sayin that honda needs ZERO backpressure. its more of the velocity and powerbang. now my original idea was 2" with high flow cat.

my power band will b at high end power i guess 4500 and up.
              now do to velocity 2 in seems the best for velocity. now i no 2 1/2 is jus lil 2much.

2 1/4 the velocity will b a lil slower than 2in.
              bein that my power band will b at 4500 and up

which will u guys CHOOSE??? ANOTHER THING.HAVIN A RESONATOR will it sow down the exhuast velocity.???

thanks for all the post guys VERY HELPFUL INFO

Comment

I am running 2.5" on my h22a. 2.5" too much on all motor build? Your kidding right? A lot of people run 2.5" for NA builds. H22A obviously makes its power further in the power band...Thats why you want bigger piping to evacuate the exhaust gases instead of a restriction. I drove around for a few months with my stock accord exhaust then drove it with my new custom 2.5" exhaust and there is a difference. Doesnt feel like there is a restriction in the motor anymore.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I understand wat u mean with 2.5 on h22. i understand that. I DONT have a dohc. i have sohc 2.0 of course u want 2.5 on a twim CAM. BEIN that i have a sohc u still didnt answer my question, if anything im goin with 2.25... I want a resonator. THRU cherry bomb. now i want to keep my deep tone thats why im gettin a res. NOW im gettin high flow cat el cheapo thru ebay. it will flow more better than STOCK!! BUt the RES will it restrict the VELOCITY of exhuast gases????????? thats wat i wanna no. NOW my power band will b for high end power! the barrel DIA of RES is 2.5 2.25 inandout. into 2.25 pipin.

Comment

Yes a resonator will slow it down. Check out this website, they claim there"muffler/resonator" speeds up the exhaust.

http://www.aeroexhaust.com/

1993 Suzuki GSX-R 750
                    MANY mods

4Zero1Motorsports.com

4Zero1 Facebook

Comment

just looks pretty fancy. most likly my idea was all backwords then with this res. ill jus go without one.i ll jus stick with 2.25. from high flow cat back... but the thing is i have a bolt on muffler (AXLE BACK MUFFLER ) and the pipin on that is 2IN. SO thats y i wanted to keep 2IN from cat back... i figured ill have the proper velocity after cat since its high FLOW and i have the 4-1 header.

Comment

Why don't you just go catless. Then you don't have to worry about slowing the exhaust down.

1993 Suzuki GSX-R 750
                        MANY mods

4Zero1Motorsports.com

4Zero1 Facebook

Comment

hmm

Goo$e Creek stand up!

"SO IM AT IT AGAIN"

Comment

cb7 exhaust

OK catless WITH 2IN pipin, how will that b ???
                            i believe in velocity over backpressure

BUt HAVIN CAT WILL JUS B ALL SMOKEY... i dont want that shit
                            Last edited by F20A CB7; 03-30-2007, 06:11 PM. Reason: EXHAUST SMOKE

Comment

DO you know what a cat does? And honda cats are really not that restrictive at all...IF you have emissions where your at I would NOT run a test pipe. I still dont see why you are going with the 2 in exhaust...

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X