Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lets talk accords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets talk accords

hey guys,
    just some things i was curious about..

1. what kind of mileage do you guys get?

2. common for these cars to go 300,000-400,000 klms?

3. most common weak points (engine/structual)

tell me some more stuff that i wouldn't know.
    interesting facts, tricks tips?
    any good links?

there wasn't that much info on here about the car.
    Last edited by Mister2; 03-26-2007, 02:19 AM.

sry to say it but your wrong about there not being much info on the cb7 here nearly every little inch of the car is talked about but as far as body id say rust is a big weakpoint

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
      sry to say it but your wrong about there not being much info on the cb7 here nearly every little inch of the car is talked about but as far as body id say rust is a big weakpoint
      yea i just realized theres alot more info that i just found..
      sorry about that.

Comment

My mileage taken by my gf last month if im not mistaken.
        Factory stock engine, 14years? 15years old? mine was written 1991 on the register date.

Comment

willie_hwl may be using km, but its still a lot of miles

You'll find more info than you can shake a stick at in short time on the forums. I will give you a tip though...read up on the front balance shaft seal of the engine. It has a bad habit of coming out of the block. There's other problems, but this one will cause the quickest death to your CB.
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

rust, and the automatics are shitty, they might last but they generaly shift like crap(all honda automatics I've been in are crappy though), I have 217k on my car

My Members Ride Page

Comment

yea i agree with the automatic shifting... it shifts hard on my car... people say it could be the engine mounts but still. Overall its a great car for longevity. Not only that, but they are pure sex when they're JDMed up My accord has some low mileage for a 92. 137,2xx at the moment and going. I get about 25 mpg mixed. The cold weather murders my gas though. I got 17-18 mpg mixed this winter . Rust on the quarters like any other accord in a cold state. Overall, great car, no major repair done to it. Everything's stock. Love it. I hope that helped any. Oh and by the way, if you want to see some amazing mileage stories on any Honda, go to www.hondabeat.com and click on the "High Mileage Club" link, and you'll see some monster mileage, and these are people with stock hearts, and regular maintenance. And to end this post, I say ACCORDS OWN YOUUUU!!!

Comment

OEM Honda fluid goes a long way toward preventing harsh shifts.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Yea, i have a slight leak on the tranny that i was thinking of fixing. But I'm thinking of leaving it like that since im going to get an H22 Complete Swap sooner or later. I was told that the fix would be $300. So i was like... uh.. pass? lol

Comment

well to answer your questions:

1. im actually not too sure on the mileage i get. i should probably check that out some time.

2. my car has just over 315,000 kilometers on the stock engine. so yea, its not impossible to get it to last a long time if you take good care of it.

3. the most common problem would have to be rust. after all these cars are at least 14 years old. check the quarter panels out especially.

another thing is the damn interior door handles! they always break! i currently have my driver side one broken and it pisses me off. alot.

welcome to the site man. good luck with your car.
                    Originally posted by deevergote.
                    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

ive owned 3 accords, 2 AT sedans and 1 MT sedan

-auto transmission sucks, it shifts pretty hard into reverse, im swapping the fluid for honda ATF and lubegarud so we will see what happens

- door handles always break, the plastic part simply snaps

-alot of accords i have looked at when buying have window problems. the windows dont roll up properly, PW sometimes doesnt work. make sure you check this when buying

- i had a coolant hose leak on me in my 91 DX, so i always check the coolant hoses now, replace them if they are old. (mine leaked at 101K)

- Manual clutch is extremely soft and powerless, i recommend a new aftermarket clutch if your stock one feels weak

other than that i love cb7s, i dont know why. the engines are extremely reliable and the build quality is superior for a 16 year old car.

Comment

173k miles on mine

OEM fluids

regular maintience.

Runs like a dream.

Rust is the major plague unless you live in the south

Comment

Working...
                        X