Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

eagle talon turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eagle talon turbo

my buddy just came up here.. and he has a turbo for a egal talon.. it is ported and polished and he said it clipped.. what is clipped.. and could i use this turbo? it looks small

oh and i oftered $200 for it.. is that a good price?

Comment

i dont know about clipped, maybe he said chipped?

but yes, u can use the turbo, becasue the dsm turbo is a widely used system on our cb's. and dont 4 get big things can come in small packages.turbo size dosent mean less speed, just less spool time, meaning more torque trhen top end
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=104311]
      my members page
      my myspace
      my car domain

Comment

Originally posted by Honda2002002
        my buddy just came up here.. and he has a turbo for a egal talon.. it is ported and polished and he said it clipped.. what is clipped.. and could i use this turbo? it looks small
        Clipped means the fins have been made smaller. Suposedly it makes the turbo spool faster.

I"m assuming its a used 14b ( I don't think the talons came with any others) and I personally think $200 is too much money.
        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

i paid 70 for a 14b used in good condition. But 200 is to much i would go no higher than 130 unless its been rebuilt and havent been used. But if i was you i would buy a t3/t4 turbo better turbo in the long run.
          Originally posted by Makaveli2k
          Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

You should have asked him when he told you what "clipped" means. And before you offer $200 when you don't know whats up with it. If the fins are clipped to spool faster it won't force as much air, I don't see why one would consider this.

1998 Subaru Legacy L ~current ride~ Decently modified (current project)
            1991 Honda Accord (Traded for 91 turbo Legacy) Slightly modified
            1997 Subaru Legacy GT (T-Boned) Slightly modified
            1993 Suzuki GSX-R 750
            1991 Suzuki GSX-R 750 (wrapped around a pole) faster than stock liter bikes
            1989 Honda CRX (sold for GSXR)
            MANY mods

4Zero1Motorsports.com

4Zero1 Facebook
            Invidia, Walbro, Tein, ARP, AEM, Cometic, Techna-Fit and many, MANY more!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty
              I"m assuming its a used 14b ( I don't think the talons came with any others) and I personally think $200 is too much money.
              actually, the Talons DID come with another turbo. they came with a 13g turbo that was only used on the automatic ones.

i agree with everyone else man. i think that is a bit much to be spending on a turbo that was already used for a while unless it was rebuilt as someone already said. i would offer no more than $125.
              Originally posted by deevergote.
              And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by Reason
                You should have asked him when he told you what "clipped" means. And before you offer $200 when you don't know whats up with it. If the fins are clipped to spool faster it won't force as much air, I don't see why one would consider this.

Sorry to thread jack but Reason is that Accord listed for sale in your Sig Manual.

I live just over the border in Ma and i have a friend who might be looking for a cb7
                "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

just over the border in ma you say.. well over the border from conn? bercause if u are then that is funny becasuse me 2..

Comment

ok.. well i wont get it.. now smaller turbos give a more of a better pickup.. rather then the big turbos

Comment

they come with the T25 for the 2g talon, the 14b/13g thing was a 1g thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Honda2002002
                        ok.. well i wont get it.. now smaller turbos give a more of a better pickup.. rather then the big turbos

A smaller Turbo will spool faster and give you more low end power. Where as a larger turbo will take a while to spool and give you more top end power.

The ideal is to find a Turbo right in the middle so you have decent power across the entire band. Unless you will be using it strictly to race or something and only want power in a certain area.
                        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty
                          A smaller Turbo will spool faster and give you more low end power. Where as a larger turbo will take a while to spool and give you more top end power.

The ideal is to find a Turbo right in the middle so you have decent power across the entire band. Unless you will be using it strictly to race or something and only want power in a certain area.
                          Right! thats why i mention a t3/t4 hybrid turbo. Spools right in the middle of your powerband and makes great power! And will make more hp than u need for a daily!
                          Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                          Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

were do i pick a t3 or t4

Comment

Working...
                            X