Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22b1 into 1990 lx coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b1 into 1990 lx coupe

i threw a rod threw the block, big hole, need a new block. ive got a f22b1 sohc vtec. ive read two different tech articles on this. one was just a head swap onto the f22a1 block. the other was the entire engine. i need to know if i can drop in the entire engine with all the 94-97 accessories, a/c and p/s. and is there no header that fits without modifying the front crossmember?

Buy something better the b1 isnt worth anything.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

why not? besides the A1 having probably the best flowing F-series head.

Comment

Just for 145 crank hp there are better choices. The F22B non vtec would stomp a b1 and its only like 600 or so if I remember depending on where you order from.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

True. I just responded to your post on HHU as well.

Honestly, the F22B1 is a TERRIBLE motor. VTEC may sound cool, but with that motor, it's not any sort of performance enhancement. The head flows horribly. It's a lot of work to install. It's just... not good. IMO, the worst F series honda ever made.

If you want a cheap SOHC motor, get another F22A, or at least an F23A. The F23A is a bit better than the F22B1 (still not fantastic, but better).

If you want a cheap DOHC motor, the F22B DOHC is a decent choice.

The H22A is still the most potent drop-in swap, and well worth the money, IMO. It's the only way to gain 75hp and still retain an otherwise stock engine!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            True. I just responded to your post on HHU as well.

Honestly, the F22B1 is a TERRIBLE motor. VTEC may sound cool, but with that motor, it's not any sort of performance enhancement. The head flows horribly. It's a lot of work to install. It's just... not good. IMO, the worst F series honda ever made.

If you want a cheap SOHC motor, get another F22A, or at least an F23A. The F23A is a bit better than the F22B1 (still not fantastic, but better).

If you want a cheap DOHC motor, the F22B DOHC is a decent choice.

The H22A is still the most potent drop-in swap, and well worth the money, IMO. It's the only way to gain 75hp and still retain an otherwise stock engine!

You can't really argue that. The H22 is not to much more than anything else out there.
            2002 WRX Wagon = My Baby
            1993 CB7 Accord Ex Sedan = View it here

Comment

K series will rape an h22a if anyone has enough money to buy one and decide to play with the wiring.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                K series will rape an h22a if anyone has enough money to buy one and decide to play with the wiring.

I agree, but damn at the wiring headachs.
                2002 WRX Wagon = My Baby
                1993 CB7 Accord Ex Sedan = View it here

Comment

At this point, the K series is not really an option. Suggesting it to anyone who has to ask about swaps for a $500-$3000 CB7 is pointless, simply because a) they most likely don't have the money, or they wouldn't be modifying such an old car, or b) if they have to ask questions, they clearly aren't prepared for the fabrication needed.

And truthfully, the K series isn't THAT spectacular. For the price of a K20 or K24, you could have an H22 with quality bolt-ons making more power, or a heavily modified F22 making more power. The cost/power ratio is not in our favor at the moment.

Comment

i dont think he was asking if he should buy it or not, i think he was just asking for help on how to swap it in. he said in his first post that he already has the F22B1 and wanted to know if it swapped in easily or not. check the swaps section man.
                    Originally posted by deevergote.
                    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Yeah, but it's not in yet... there's still time to change his mind!

Check the swap sections, or PM xfactortype1 or highc... I believe they both have the swap (or did, highc no longer has his car, I don't think)

Comment

Don't do it I had that swap and it was a bad choice I made. Try and find you another f22ax or h23 something in that state of mind because you will be upset for swapping in the f22b1 trust me bro!
                        99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

from what i read this swap sucks and its more work. id say if ur gonna spend time swapping put some more power under ur hood

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                          X