Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Itb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuning isnt the head ache. Making an ITB setup idle anything close to stock is the head ache.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

And which ECU do I need?

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
      My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

what type of HP gains can be got from this setup?

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
        ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

in tha butt

Comment

Originally posted by lo-specials
            What does the combination I.T.B. stand for? I know it replaces your stock intake manifold.
            It's funny to see you going from this to having a set... which most people don't!

As for gains, it's hard to say. Tuning plays a big part in it, as well as other engine mods. You can't slap a constant number on it. With headwork, a properly functioning motor, cams, good tuning (with the ITBs), a good header, and a good exhaust... you might gain 20hp over a traditional intake... Could be more, could be less. The throttle response would be worth it even if the hp gains were negligible.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              It's funny to see you going from this to having a set... which most people don't!

As for gains, it's hard to say. Tuning plays a big part in it, as well as other engine mods. You can't slap a constant number on it. With headwork, a properly functioning motor, cams, good tuning (with the ITBs), a good header, and a good exhaust... you might gain 20hp over a traditional intake... Could be more, could be less. The throttle response would be worth it even if the hp gains were negligible.
              Thanks Deev! It certainly got my interest and I just love the sound of it! I had Webers on my old car and that already sounds amazing.

Greetz Erwin
              My last ride

Comment

ITB's aren't really useful for low revving engines.

But that has a play on what kind, and what size the ITB's are. You really need to do your hw about which ITB's are right for your engine and your goals. It's not a one-size-fits-all type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  ITB's aren't really useful for low revving engines.

But that has a play on what kind, and what size the ITB's are. You really need to do your hw about which ITB's are right for your engine and your goals. It's not a one-size-fits-all type of thing.
                  I already did and I'm looking for new cams. I've ported and polished the head, adjustable camgears, lightweight pullies, DC-sports header, Fuel pressure regulator. So the start is there

Greetz Erwin
                  My last ride

Comment

If you're going for ITB's, I'd really look into a much better header.

Comment

If you're going for ITB's, I'd really look into a much better header.
                      DC ain't good?

What do you recommend?

Greetz Erwin
                      My last ride

Comment

DC is decent for most.

ITB's are a completely different ball game. The engine will breathe a lot easier, so it needs to exhale a lot easier too.

I'd at least get a kamikazee, if not, then invest in a bisimoto.

Comment

DC is decent for most.

ITB's are a completely different ball game. The engine will breathe a lot easier, so it needs to exhale a lot easier too.

I'd at least get a kamikazee, if not, then invest in a bisimoto.
                          Thanks

I've heard that you can also use a P06 ECU (non Vtec) instead of a P28.
                          I don't have Vtec and I'm also trying how far I can go with a F20 NA

Greetz Erwin
                          My last ride

Comment

Yea, use a p06. There's no need for a p28. The p06 is usually way cheaper anyways.

Comment

Yea, use a p06. There's no need for a p28. The p06 is usually way cheaper anyways.
                              What price do I have to think about?

Greetz Erwin
                              My last ride

Comment

p06 usually are anywhere from $30-$60. P28's are anywhere from $100-160.

You can chip and convert a p06 to vtec for less than a p28 costs.

There is no advantage of one over another either. One is vtec, the other isnt.

Comment

Working...
                                X