Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 Honda Accord Wont Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 Honda Accord Wont Start

Hey, i have a 91 honda accord with the f22a4 engine 5spd. This is my problem, i was driving down the street ysterday and my car turned off, so i pulled over and tried to start it back up, it turns over but wont and tries to start but nothing, i waited an hour or so and came back and tried again and now the batterly was completley dead, i charged the battery and now it does the same thing, turns over but wont start, after trying to start it for a few mins the battery was again dead. At first i thought that i had ran out of gas because it was below E, i put about 3 gallons in it but that didnt do anything. If anyone knows what the problem could be, please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Josh

for one, never let it go to E, wears out ur fuel pump more (unless u have no choice)....sounds like an alternator since ur killing ur battery everytime u try to start it.
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

I don't know much... but alternator came to mind. Since your battery died. Would that explain the turning off on the highway though?
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

tahaha currently going thru the same thing. I'll name ya a couple of possible things that Ive heard so far that would cause this,

1) Your MR (Main Relay)

2) Alternator

3) Fuel Pump (Meineke mechanics told me this was my prob)

4) Fuel Filter

5) Battery Corrosion or Corrision (however you spell it--fluffy white or green stuff on battery terminals)

6) Sparks

7) Or simply your battery.

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

that happened to me on the freeway once, scariest sh*t ever, after getting it to the side of the road and towed to stealership, was told it was the igniter ($500.00 later)
          worked great after that .....

Comment

oh yea, hella forgot about the igniter!...that or either what Djmoua said....we all pretty much narrowed it down for ya..now ya gotta test everything out
            Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
            -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

try a new battery if it turns on with no problem then its the altenator that would couse it to no go on or turn off on you while ur driving after the car kills the batt couse ur alternator is what charges ur batt...

if u drive ur car alot on E it will do dis too because if will mess up ur fuel pump....

i used to drive my friends i think 88 honda accord in dominican rep most cars are jap and it always was turning off on me cause the guy never had gas on it not sure if its a 88 because its ither was euro or jap it looked like a cb7 mixed with a 88 but didnt have frog eyes in the front?

Comment

Ignitor

If it turns over but wont start it is your igniter.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...sm40_f0201.gif

Item circled in red. Located in your dizzy. Go to PepBoys and get a new one.

Comment

hey, i took the distributor apart and took out the igniter and the igniter control module and took them to have them tested , the ingiter was good but the igniter control module was bad so i replace that and its still doing the same thing.

Comment

it could be your ignition module. mine tested good but it was bad i changed it and my car started right up. u can check it by getting a screwdriver and taking off the spark plug wire from the #1 cyl and putting it close to the ground bolt on ur valve cover crank the engine and if u c a orange or yellow spark its nogood if u see a blue spark ur good then i dunno what the prob is could be distributor
                    sold to the highest bidding stanger i miss this bitch
                    the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

what else did you check on that list?

Maybe your starter.

Did you check for spark and fuel?!?!

Comment

try to jump start your car with someone car, if it start and it die when u take out the cable, then it your alternator

it has eyes!!!

Comment

the ECU fuse.....a week n a half,$150 worth of parts later it ended up being a blown fuse, but thanks to everyone for your help

Comment

Working...
                          X