Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

hesitant starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hesitant starting

the problem is in the morning when i go out to start my car it takes a few seconds to crank it also happens when my car sits for a couple of hours.the car is a 1990 with just intake and about 103,000 miles please help

sounds like a fuel problem...is it cold where u live?
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Have you checked into the Fuel Filter?
      Street Racing is Lyfe
      Crip is How We Roll

Comment

i have the same problem ,this morning it just wouldnt turn on but the motor turns over...i have a prelude fuel pump so im trying that tomorrow.. if not thenm ill change the filter.

Comment

i live in florida so its not cold. but i havent done the fuel filter so i guess ill change that out and see what happens

Comment

disconnect the outlet line from the filter (filter to injectors)..turn the ignition and see if fuel is going through the filter (make sure u have a friend helping u), if not, then disconnect the other line (pump to filter) and see if ur fuel pump is pumping gas to ur filter.....or vice versa, which ever way works for u!
            Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
            -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

funny i just disconnected the fuel line to the fuel rail.. i saw gas come out...l so then i unscrewed the main relay from the bracket turned the key and i felt and heard a click...the motor turns over and its cranking just not turining on... but i feel as if it wants to turn on by the sound... i even hear my muffler..hmm..plugs look good/wires look good/...even if i hear the main relay do that click is there a chance that it still might be a bad part?

Comment

Yes, a relay can click but not complete a circuit.

And I had an issue with a delayed start fall of last year. I checked everything front to back, inside and out, except the fuel pressure cause I don't have a gauge for it. It eventually fixed itself and haven't had a problem since.
                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
                  Yes, a relay can click but not complete a circuit.

And I had an issue with a delayed start fall of last year. I checked everything front to back, inside and out, except the fuel pressure cause I don't have a gauge for it. It eventually fixed itself and haven't had a problem since.
                  yea i guess ill look into that tomorrow and see how much they run for...ive heard that in alot of hot places they tend to mess up...and that on cb7 is a very well known problem..

Comment

Working...
                  X