Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharger

Does anybody know where I can find the following kind of supercharger?
    And how much will it cost?

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
    My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Originally posted by lo-specials
    Does anybody know where I can find the following kind of supercharger?
    And how much will it cost?
    That looks more like a turbo? not a 100% sure but i would try ebay.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

That is a Centrifugal Flow supercharger, basically a belt driven Turbo.

To the original poster: Paxton makes them, I would check out their website first and see what you come up with.

I also know Vortech makes Honda kits (not one for the CB7), and I believe they also use Paxton superchargers, so there are two places you can look.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Looks like a Paxton/Novi supercharger. What model, I can't tell.

You can get them off Superchargersonline.com. Expect to pay several grand for a complete kit with a head unit. Usually if you get a complete kit, they come with the hot/cold side piping, FMU and brackets needed to mount the kit. The head unit by it's self will run you at least 1500 or more.

FYI, there aren't a ton of advantages vs. a turbo on motors as small as ours. A turbo would be a bit harder to install, but cheaper in the long run. No parasitic loss either.

- Rob -
        92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
        85 Toyota 4Runner
        1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
        2008 HD 1200N
        2009 HD 883N

Comment

jackson racing is making a centrifical kit for the prelude h22 that could possibly be modded to work with the accord.

My Members Ride Thread
          Originally posted by deevergote
          You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle
            jackson racing is making a centrifical kit for the prelude h22 that could possibly be modded to work with the accord.
            Exactly what I was going to suggest, you won't see much difference with a centrifugal sc as opposed to a roots type blower which jackson racing produces...
            Max

Comment

besides that it is smaller.

Greetz Erwin
              My last ride

Comment

Originally posted by clemsoncb7
                Exactly what I was going to suggest, you won't see much difference with a centrifugal sc as opposed to a roots type blower which jackson racing produces...
                Max
                Actually, yes, you will see a huge difference btwn a centri and a roots type. The overall numbers might look the same (maybe, but probably not), but the power curves will be completely different. Roots are known for their low end tq numbers. Centri's aren't.

Conversely, Centri's are better up top than the Roots.

- Rob -
                85 Toyota 4Runner
                2008 HD 1200N
                2009 HD 883N

Comment

Go here http://www.procharger.com/index.html they make a sports compact modle thats suposed to be universal

Comment

Originally posted by 203Cree
                    Actually, yes, you will see a huge difference btwn a centri and a roots type. The overall numbers might look the same (maybe, but probably not), but the power curves will be completely different. Roots are known for their low end tq numbers. Centri's aren't.

Conversely, Centri's are better up top than the Roots.
                    Well assuming this is going to be for a low-boost setup, I would say they aren't much better at all. Otherwise, if he was looking for more up-top power, a turbo would be far better than any SC. SC's are typically known for their low-end power anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by clemsoncb7
                      Well assuming this is going to be for a low-boost setup, I would say they aren't much better at all. Otherwise, if he was looking for more up-top power, a turbo would be far better than any SC. SC's are typically known for their low-end power anyways.
                      You've got me confused now. What are you trying to say here? At any boost level, a roots will have more power down low than a Centri. Turbo's, it can depend on how well it's matched to the motor.

Up top, a Turbo wins every time.

I just don't get what you're getting at. First you say a centri and a roots are the same power wise (which isn't correct), then you completely lost me with the above post. Clarify if you would, please.

- Rob -
                      85 Toyota 4Runner
                      2008 HD 1200N
                      2009 HD 883N

Comment

lots of $$$$$$$$$$$4 for everything these days
                        Street Racing is Lyfe
                        Crip is How We Roll

Comment

autopartswarehouse.com try that they got a lot of stuff
                          Street Racing is Lyfe
                          Crip is How We Roll

Comment

Originally posted by brownlx
                            Go here http://www.procharger.com/index.html they make a sports compact modle thats suposed to be universal
                            That's what I was going to say I had plans to get that for my H22, but that motor needs some work now... and I just bought a factory-supercharged car Procharger is good stuff, though. I have their brochure sitting right in front of me, in fact.

Comment

And do you know the costs of it?

Greetz Erwin
                              My last ride

Comment

Working...
                              X