Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

s2000 head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s2000 head?

so the engine code for the s2k is f22c so i was wondering if it would fit?
    i was just suprised that it was an f series engine. my mom just bought one and i was just donin a little research and bamm!!! f seires engine. yeah i get excited easly.

damn, that's a blurry pic.

i'd i'magine nothing would line up like the head studs, coolant ports, ect. but who knows maybe you could be the first? later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Doubt it will. Both s2ki were f motors. Starting with the F20C in the ap1 then evolved to the now f22c. Its not gonna work too well and kinda pointless.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah i found a head on egay with the starting bid of 25 bucks? and the pictures dont look to good in my favor.

s2000 head

Comment

The s2k engine is an F series in name only... it shares almost nothing in common with our motors.

Comment

hey man...not to be an ass...but rear wheel drive and front wheel drive is very diffrent...and the s2k head is a bit slimer and longer...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              The s2k engine is an F series in name only... it shares almost nothing in common with our motors.
              Indeed! The F20 and F22 in the S2k share more in common with the K motors in hewer hondas and acuras. Also, I believe the motors spin in the other direction compared to the CB7's F motor. and of corse there's the small issue that the S2k has a timing chain compared to a timing belt of our motors.
              Long story short it'd be one heck of a nightmear to swap on a CB7's engine block. Not worth it at all. You want a cool swap to try out? Someone needs to try to swap in a K20 from a type-r into the CB7
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

It'd probably be just as much work to swap in the ENTIRE F20C, and convert the CB7 to RWD, as it would be to try to put the head on the F22A block. I'm still waiting for someone on here to do that swap!

The K20 would be nice... but bleh... I know the K series engines are fine pieces of engineering, but I'm just not excited about them. I'd rather see a built F22A like Bisi's than an K swap, honestly.

Comment

Ugh... K's have barely any torque... Sweet engines though. Friend has one and it drives very nice.. but it's also an 06 rsx. hah.
                  Click for my ride thread.

Comment

K engines are pretty good but are just costly to mod. Anyways, how much of a gain can be expected if this F22C head swap thing is doable?
                    RICE COOKA!!

Comment

You'd probably gain a significant amount of debt, a huge headache, and the ability to build a motor from scratch. It isn't doable at all. Well, with enough money, anything can be done... but it would probably cost more than an S2000 just to do it.

The K20 has 155-220hp and 139-152lb/ft (that's the worst and the best of the K20s in stock form). That's more horsepower and torque than the F22A1, and almost as much torque as the F22A6. The Type S motor (the higher numbers, obviously) makes more horsepower than the H22, with 9lb/ft less torque. Not exactly a racebreaking difference.
                      However, the K cost compared to the F22 and H22 IS where the problem lies. Swapping in a K series wouldn't be all that difficult. With the inflated costs of the K series engines (especially the more powerful ones) and the cost of custom fabrication to install one, you could build a kickass H or F motor... if you can do the assembly yourself, you may even have money left over!

Comment

Working...
                      X