Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Suspension setup!!!...input needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psyclist
    Supercup eh? Hmm sounds interesting, but does anybody know of Canadian dealers with the supercup kit? and is it still in production? race springs...is my ass gonna pay?

give Koni a call...they will direct u to authorized dealers that deal directly with Koni...that way u know u r getting the real thing
    DEVOTE

Comment

Yeah, from the reading I did on here super cup kit looked awesome to me. I want it very bad, plus the ride height is changeable... nuespeed's website has the authorized dealers I believe.
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Hey Thanx for everyones input!

I found a dealer in Quebec (RWR) that will do the SuperCup Kit with yellows for $954, but he also gave me the option of Koni Reds and springs for $782 tax in. Is this a good price?

He also gave me the choice of sport springs or race springs, same price...how much stiffer are the race springs?

Comment

Wow...I have never seen it for that high. Have you been to Neuspeed's website? It was around $600 last time I looked (not including shipping.) You can buy a nice true coilover system for that much...which even then i think I would still perfer the cup kit.
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

I would recommend the Tein Super street setup if you can swing it for several reasons..The build quality is pretty good..and you can fine tune the exact height and stiffness as desired..I stopped putting springs and shocks in my hondas over 7 years ago as soon as i started using coilovers...with regular springs and shocks it never "looks" right...either the back is too high or the front is too low...just my .02...
            1993 Accord EX
            1993 Civic HB
            1994 Integra 4dr
            2006 BMW 330i
            2006 Suzuki GSXR

Comment

I have Tien S Techs paired with KYB AGXs and they feel great. I had heard that the S techs were less performance and more comfort but I haven't felt that at all and with the AGXs adjustability you can go from track to street in no time. I have no complaints and price was great.
              R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
              FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
              Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

Originally posted by psyclist
                Hey Thanx for everyones input!

I found a dealer in Quebec (RWR) that will do the SuperCup Kit with yellows for $954, but he also gave me the option of Koni Reds and springs for $782 tax in. Is this a good price?

He also gave me the choice of sport springs or race springs, same price...how much stiffer are the race springs?
                wow that is a lot of money.
                from what i have searched and from what i have read from people the neuspeed springs are the best choice. if you don't want to go very low get the sport one and match it with good shocks.
                but nothing will beat the price for the super cup kit.
                i was in the same situation as you that i didn't want to spent a lot of money for suspension. but after talking to a few people in here now i am willing to pay $600 for the super cup kit.
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Yeah well those prices are Canadian, so it ends up being a little higher...maybe i should take a trip across the border and pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by shadycb7
                    I would recommend the Tein Super street setup if you can swing it for several reasons..The build quality is pretty good..and you can fine tune the exact height and stiffness as desired..I stopped putting springs and shocks in my hondas over 7 years ago as soon as i started using coilovers...with regular springs and shocks it never "looks" right...either the back is too high or the front is too low...just my .02...
                    That setup is similar to getting Konis and Neu. sport springs. You won't have the "back is too high or the front is too low" syndrome if had the Koni shocks since they are height adjustable. I feel the cup kit is better than the tein super street from a price to value standpoint because the spring rates on the race springs are higher than what come with the super streets. Sure you can get different spring rates but increase them too high and you might be in for a custom shock revalving as well. The good thing about the Super Streets, or any full coilover for that matter, is the ability to lower the car without taking off the suspension...which is what you have to do with the konis unfortunately. I am not downplaying the Tein setup by any means because I definately agree it is a great coilover. I just felt that for the money the cup kit is always a winner...even more so since it has a lifetime warrenty on it.

By the way, when I bought my Konis they came from Holland and took 3 weeks to get to me. I don't know if it would be any cheaper if you looked around or even bought them from the website but it would be worth a try.
                    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Well thanx for all the help guys...i wasnt thinking i could afford to go with a koni setup, but that supercup kit is just too sweet to pass up. Its gonna run me $750(CAN) with shipping to Canada from the US...I decided on the sport springs and then just put the springs on the a lower perch to bring the drop a little lower, I will update once its all installed!

Comment

My question is can you buy just the struts and adjust the ride high> Or do you have to buy the sports cup kit>>? I seen a set on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Koni-...spagenameZWD1V
                        But the part numbers dont match nuespeeds web site? can someone help?

Comment

Working...
                        X