Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sleeving a motor Q's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeving a motor Q's?

Can you sleeve a motor yourself?
    Do they just "drop-in"?
    Maybe this is a stupid Q, but idk the answer and I tried looking around.

this is for a f22a.
    Last edited by myk; 03-10-2007, 08:44 PM.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
    Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
    Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
    04 WRX stg 2 sedan
    Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

To sleeve a motor, First the company checks out the block for cracks and whatnot.

Then they square up the block on a VMC, Its a vertical milling machine. Its like a drill press on steroids.
    Then they remove all or some of your stock sleeves depending on your application.

Then the darton or whatever sleeves you bought will be pressed into the opening of the stock sleeves.

Comment

to further evaluate on his post you'd need some extremely expensive machinery and you'd pretty much have to be a machinist. This isn't something u can do with hand tools man lol
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Why does that make perfect sense now, I think I read it before somewhere just didnt remember, thx. I kinda feel dumb, but eh we are all dumb unless we have the courage to ask.
        Originally posted by deevergote
        ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
        Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
        Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
        04 WRX stg 2 sedan
        Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by myk
          we are all dumb unless we have the courage to ask.

That's sig material right there

There is no such thing as a stupid question. The only bad question is a lazy question Sadly, I see fewer questions like this, and more uneducated answers than I'd like. Asking "stupid" questions and getting the right answers is a lot better than just assuming information and then spreading it as fact!

Comment

Working...
          X