Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sport Shift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sport shift sucks, especially when it get mess up.

1994 Accord Coupe LX BPU
    1991 Galant VR4 #1395/2000 Sold
    1990 Accord EX 4DR Sold
    1990 Galant Base Model junked it
    1991 Accord EX 4DR gave away

Comment

Sport shift = shifting up at a higher RPM doesnt give you a power boost or anything. I have owned an auto 90ex didnt feel a difference at all other than shifting at redline so I left it in drive and cut the sport button wire while installing my shift knob.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Isnt it called sports mode??

Sportshift is the tiptronic right?

Sports mode just shifts higher up in the rev range.

try driving in normal mode, normal throttle, and the trans will shift at just over 2k rpms

engage sports mode, same throttle, the gears will shift a bit higher, about3k rom.

thats my experience with my previous F22a sports mode

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
        Honda Accord Euro-R
        Honda Odyssey Absolute
        Honda City I-DSi
        Honda Stream

Comment

A little bit I have expriences with my 90 accord for 4 years. When you dont use Sport mode "Overdrive" you See that automatically shift about 2k to 2.5k almost or almost 3k, and if you keep presing the gas pedal slowly then it shift so quickly the next Gear giving more heavy to gain power, So if you use Sport mode You can get a little bit higher RPM, but you notice that you get more gas kill. One important thing I cannot reach over 100 Mph using the S mode, dont know why lol... I dont know if I spell Ok. thanks sorry my english.
          Honda La Ley - Clase y Mas...

My Member Ride

Comment

For someone who comes from a country where English is not the primary language, I can understand you better than most of the US residents on here!

Sport mode is pretty worthless. At partial throttle, it does just what Blazt said... it shifts higher than normal. At full throttle, it'll shift at the same place no matter what.

I never heard the 100mph thing... That's interesting. Has anyone else experienced that?

Comment

just buy a 5 speed dude lol

but yeah

on my eclipse i used to own

it was a 1999 Eclipse Oz Rally Racing Edition

and it had this sport shift buttom thing too

i didn't really find the use of it

Fucking Mitsubishi Engines

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Yeah i just don't fuck around.

I manually shift my shit. I have a h23 IM, header, aem sri, and a 174k f22a6 and it pulls all the way to rev limiter. I almost never leave it in D4 cuz that i no fun. My trans shifts fine, and doesn't slip. When i leave it in D4 it still works fine. Either way i have 2 extra autos so f*ck it
                vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

i had a 91' auto, and wen i used it it seemed that the shifts got longer and went a lil faster... lol wat i used to do was put that sport mode on, and then drop down into d1 and go thru the d's lol...man the good old day. but then i got into an accident and totalled it and now its gone... but now i hav my new baby! so it all works out...plus i like this one wayyy more

Find me in the canyons

Comment

we need somebody with a dyno to try this.
                    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90
                      So I have a automatic and a manual?!
                      No...from the posts I read, the first reply to your question was the best. The button simply changes the gear ratio at which the AUTOMATIC tranny changes gears. Meaning, Normal it shifts at a certain RPM, in Sports, it gives the tranny a few more seconds, building RPMS a little higher then shifting. The fact someone had to manually shift their automatic tranny was simply that they had something wrong with their transmission...that's not normal. I've had three of these cars, all which had this sports button, none which I had to manually shift.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Speaking of sigs... aRaKNiD, yours takes up more than my entire screen. Shrink it, or I will.

Comment

it sucks and pointless, well thats my opinion.

1994 Accord Coupe LX BPU
                        1991 Galant VR4 #1395/2000 Sold
                        1990 Accord EX 4DR Sold
                        1990 Galant Base Model junked it
                        1991 Accord EX 4DR gave away

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

NEVER drive your automatic like a manual... unless you want to learn how to replace a transmission.
                          LOL im gonna def. keep this from ya Deeve tahaha

edit>>>basically just get a 5spd cb7 or do a 5spd swap man...you'll feel much more difference
                          Last edited by Djmoua; 11-20-2007, 07:29 PM.

*Needs*
                          -New shocks
                          -Struts
                          -Drop
                          -Cleaning
                          -New Tires/Wheels
                          -New Window Tint
                          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Yea.....-_-..um , my issue bout this has been solved some few years ago..lol. jk , but ethier way cant hurt for me to learn more....btw, props to whoever resurrected this old thread!
                            My Black "H"
                            AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Working...
                            X